The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Armor Mannequins

I don't know about some of you, but I have some cool cartel armor that I have worn, but don't want to wear anymore. I can't sell it to a vendor and I can't GTN it. Since it's still cool looking I would like to be able to buy a armor mannequin for my ship. It would sit in my cargo hold and you could buy up to 3. You could put all armor pieces (helmet, chestpiece, gloves, pants, boots, belt, and bracers) and even a main/off hand weapon. It would have no purpose except to show off your cool armor to your crew. This could also be a lead-in to more ship customization. I know I have seen a thread or two about people not wanting to sell their old pre-2.0 gear that they don't want to sell because they can't get it anymore, so this would be a solution for them too.

The amount of times I've said this in the forums:

YES YES YES (non sexual). I'm really up for a real ship upgrade, it's supposed to be our 'home away from home', or er, home-on-the-go. The community reacts really well to customisation, and it would be step towards guild ships or (actual) player housing.

This is a feature we use to have in EverQuest 2, when people would put their old gear on it and display it in their apartments, in this case we could display it in our ships cargo holds. Not sure if it would be a coding issue or not but would be nice to take some of those sets I've saved in my bank for the last 20 months. Yes I still have my starter gear for every one of my characters.