Combat Help

ohto

Hey Sentinels I was trying to see if I could get some help improving at Combat, currently, I'm doing ******. My main is a Sorc and I decided to take a swing at the marauder to see what I could do with it. My gear is terrible but I still feel like I should be doing a lot more. Gear is unoptimized 69s with all bad enhancements, 69 main hand and offhand. Relic are Partisan Acc/power, Hazmat earpiece. Relics are Battlemaster BA and Arkanian SA. So again, gear is bad.

Now on to stats.

110.08% Accuracy 1230 Force Bonus Damage.

19.51% Crit (Running with about ~150 crit)

71.75% Surge

No augments. No adrenals/clicky relics

http://www.torparse.com/a/379296/time/1376224793/1376225094/0/Overview

If any of you have time to look through my log and let me know what I can do to better my rotation/method. Think APM might be a little low but not entirely sure. Thanks in advance for any help

As combat sentinels we do rely heavily on Power these days,

It seems ur rotation is fine, you're saving Master strike for when you have precision slash up and have 100prc crit on Blade storm which is pretty good. the only way I could see improvements is to time ur zen with master strike and make it a 2.2 second channel which will allow 5 hits with 1 precision slash.

Edited by Jesz

As combat sentinels we do rely heavily on Power these days,

It seems ur rotation is fine, you're saving Master strike for when you have precision slash up and have 100prc crit on Blade storm which is pretty good. the only way I could see improvements is to time ur zen with master strike and make it a 2.2 second channel which will allow 5 hits with 1 precision slash.

I find that delaying Master Strike by more than 1-2 GCDs is a DPS loss. It's good to put it into a Precision Slash when you can, but you can't always do that without delays.

I find that delaying Master Strike by more than 1-2 GCDs is a DPS loss. It's good to put it into a Precision Slash when you can, but you can't always do that without delays.

I find the same to be true, and then only under specific circumstances:

OA is procced and PS is coming off of a natural CD cycle-- PS>BS>MS

Rolling into second PS and Zen has been activated--PS>Dispatch>MS>BS

If MS isn't coming off CD in 1-2 GCD to fit either of those windows, then it's a DPS loss to either wait to fit it in or to stick it in another way that causes another key ability to be left out of the window.

I agree but its a dps loss either way and I wouldnt activate it without a precision slash unless I mess up on my rotation.

Master Strike has a cooldown of 30 seconds. The double Precision Slash window comes once every 20 seconds. You can't sync them without delaying one (or both).

but do you save your MS for when you have zen or do you use it regardless of zen? I never delay it unless its 1~2 GCDS but I only use it during zen

I use it regardless of Zen. Things drift around a lot in the Combat rotation, depending on procs etc. For example, if Hand of Justice fails to proc in the first window and you're intending to use Master Strike in the second window, you find yourself delaying essentially everything by ever-increasing numbers of GCDs. Even if this only happens once, everything gets out of sync.

well this is what many sents do wrong when it comes to combat .... they think its a rotation but combat or really sents over all is a priority system class .... but ye its accuracy (til cap) power and then acctually some alacrity ... ppl dont want to hear this but alacrity reduces the hidden CD aswell as global CD on ur abilities so its quite important

as for piorities

Zen (when ready and pref combined with master strike straight after)

zealot strike (to build focus)

precision slash (try to use it on every CD to keep the armor of ur nemy gone)

Dispatch (when it has procced)

Blade storm (only when procced as its 100% crit then

Cauterize (just to keep some tics of dmg on the target)

Blade Rush (to burn focus)