The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No confirmation window for legacy Treek purchase

LordSkyKnight

I was looking on an alt at the legacy unlock for Treek and clicked the icon by mistake. Well apparently there doesn't seem to be a confirmation window for the purchase. You guys might want to fix that and make it like all of the other abilities you can unlock over legacy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking to see if this happened to anyone else. Luckily, I was seriously considering purchasing Treek on this character, but I had no intention of doing it when I did. I was just going to click on the Treek (Imperial) in the Legacy window to see if there were any other options for purchasing it when all of the sudden I see that I have purchased the unlock with that one click. :eek:

There should be some sort of confirmation here like there is with all other Legacy unlocks. Why is this one different? :confused:

Updated: I have now put a ticket in for this. There should be an option just like all of the other Legacy unlocks. Credits vs. Cartel Coins along with single character and account-wide options. If anything, it should at least give you a warning let you know that you are about to purchase it when you click that one icon. I only clicked the icon to see what choices I had available to unlock Treek, and I was mainly interested in account-wide options.

Edited by Fiato
Updated Info

Customer Service Response

After investigating your request, I regret to inform you that on this occasion I am unable to refund your purchase of the Treek Character Perk. Once you have unlocked this companion, this action is final. I appreciate that this is not a trivial amount of Credits to spend, and that this outcome may be disappointing. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I completely expected this response, and was not disappointed in the outcome as it related to my issue. The loss of 300,000 credits will not significantly affect me, but it could negatively affect others. There are two phrases of note in this statement: "this action is final," and "not a trivial amount of Credits." If for no other reason, these two admissions should warrant a purchase confirmation.

Please be advised that you can only purchase the Treek Character Perk with Credits. Any Legacy Unlock that only allows the purchase with Credits will display a "Credit" symbol beneath the icon of the Unlock. Unlocks that can be purchased with Cartel Coins will also have a Cartel Market symbol beneath the icon.

If you wish to purchase the account-wide unlock, you can do this from the "Collections" window, under the "Special" tab of the Cartel Market heading.

The only thing I am understanding from this is that the Legacy system does not completely work together with the Collection system. They start off by explaining that I can only obtain Treek with credits, and end with instructions on obtaining an account-wide unlock through Collections and the Cartel Market. Wouldn't that fall under the, "Unlocks that can be purchased with Cartel Coins will also have a Cartel Market symbol beneath the icon."? :confused:

Either way, I am done with this issue. I just hope that you are able to add a purchase confirmation to help others.

:D Sincerely,