The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

jedi armor (again)

Kaludy

So since launch i have had great difficulty finding a look i am completely happy with for my jedi characters. I am a little tired of all the potentially good looking robes that are ruined with awful looking shoulder pads and what not or all the "armored" and short sleeve robes. The "belt on the outside" thing is a little silly too. You guys almost nailed it with the relnex robes, but something about it is a little off putting.

I would also like to point out that in the few robes that do feature a hood down, the art for the hood is too slim and oddly pointed making it look like it would not even be able to be worn up. (particularly in the valiant jedi armor)

It would seem that your art design team should read up on this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_apparel

Also, I would like to point out this: http://crimsonkeep.com/images/screenshots/kb-kotor2-robes1i.jpg

You guys made that game too (KOTOR) but can't seem to nail the design of some simple jedi armor that SO MANY people have literally begged for over and over since launch. I just can't comprehend this. NOTE the LONG sleeves and the design of the undergarments, particularly in the "jedi" and "padawan" pictures. ALSO NOTE the belt under the robe AND the hood DOWN.

Another option that I am sure a lot of jedi players out there would love to see would be a "robeless" variant with only the undergarments....as seen here: http://www.rebelshaven.com/images/obiwan/3obi006.jpg

I hope I am not alone on this and truly hope that someone is paying attention, lol. rant off

EDIT: at the very least can we get a hood down version of the battle lord robe? apparently you have the stuff for it as seen here: http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/41/540/deinthk51.jpg

Edited by Kaludy

So since launch i have had great difficulty finding a look i am completely happy with for my jedi characters. I am a little tired of all the potentially good looking robes that are ruined with awful looking shoulder pads and what not or all the "armored" and short sleeve robes. The "belt on the outside" thing is a little silly too. You guys almost nailed it with the relnex robes, but something about it is a little off putting.

This is the problem, people saying something about the relnax robes is not right, but I can't be bothered to figure out what, so you figure it out for me.

The robes from the films were garbage, the original robes were made from the cheapest nastiest materials they could get actors to wear, and they've been stuck with them ever since. If you apply a bit of detailing, you get people saying they look wrong, if you use decent looking materials you get complaints.

Personally I liked most of the robes in the game, just not the Rakata, Columni and Tionese armours, but even these drew on designs from the graphic novels, and those novels kept star wars going for a while.

Rant over, define what's wrong with a design, don't just say somethings of putting.

This is the problem, people saying something about the relnax robes is not right, but I can't be bothered to figure out what, so you figure it out for me.

The robes from the films were garbage, the original robes were made from the cheapest nastiest materials they could get actors to wear, and they've been stuck with them ever since. If you apply a bit of detailing, you get people saying they look wrong, if you use decent looking materials you get complaints.

Personally I liked most of the robes in the game, just not the Rakata, Columni and Tionese armours, but even these drew on designs from the graphic novels, and those novels kept star wars going for a while.

Rant over, define what's wrong with a design, don't just say somethings of putting.

It just looks silly, plain and simple. The undergarments appear to be tucked into some skin tight pants that accentuate an unsightly bulge in the pelvic area. The art for the downed hood is too tiny in comparison to how big the hood appears on the hood up models. The belt is very plain looking and does not give the impression that it would be used for "utility" not to mention the whole "belt on the outside of the robe" thing which I already covered. Lastly, this robe, like all others still sports the short sleeves. Is that enough for you?

IIRC in the original fims, Alec Guinness was the only one to even have the sort of iconic jedi robes. In the new trilogy, the robes were made of high quality wool and Qui-Gon's robe was actually made of silk. Your argument is flawed right here. It has nothing to do with detailing...it's the fact that it would be nice to have something that resembles the films or the kotor picture i linked.

I feel that I made it very clear in my OP what I was asking for and suggesting, yet you feel the need to blatantly mock me and attack me for having a preference. That is cool that you like most of the stuff in the game. I and quite a few other people would like to see something other than a reskinned, recolored model or something with some ridiculous and unnecessary attachments. Excuse me for posting a suggestion in the suggestion forum.

Edited by Kaludy

Something has to be done about those super skinny pants. It's kinda ridiculous how, Relnex's pants for example, expose the package on melee characters. Imo, for the future PROPER Jedi vests and robes they should make pants like the handmaiden's but with properly shaped pieces of cloth hanging so when the shirt is applied it looks like it's a part of it. They did it on Aspiring Knight's outfit. Legs have hanging pieces from the vest which makes the relaxed vestments really stupid! Edited by Alec_Fortescue