The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Steampunk/vintage like mounts with Harley sound

FuriCuri

Why not? They can make it other players to hear muted/no sound from other players.

Because, and I really hope you understand the following four words:

THIS. IS. STAR. WARS.

Do you understand? Steampunk and Harleys do NOT belong here. That is NOT Starsy or Warsy. It is not something you find a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Get it?

Because, and I really hope you understand the following four words:

THIS. IS. STAR. WARS.

Do you understand? Steampunk and Harleys do NOT belong here. That is NOT Starsy or Warsy. It is not something you find a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Get it?

First, I suggest you chill off and start with changing you tone and stop ordering around, especially when you don't have any power. It's a good rule for life too.

Second, there are quite a lot of things is starwars that already sound and look like steampunk / old machnery. Just look at C2-N2 droid. Or XS starship? Just because it doesn't venting steams doesn't mean it's not steampunk-themed.

So please stop being so closed minded and act like you know better how this game should look like. Because you're not. It's maybe your oppinion, but nothing more than that.

There are plenty opportunities to create good mount within the same theme as C2-N2 droid and just add some chopper sound instead of boring sound for all mounts. Nothing wrong with a bit of old-fashion paintings within starwars palette.

First, I suggest you chill off and start with changing you tone and stop ordering around, especially when you don't have any power. It's a good rule for life too.

Second, there are quite a lot of things is starwars that already sound and look like steampunk / old machnery. Just look at C2-N2 droid. Or XS starship? Just because it doesn't venting steams doesn't mean it's not steampunk-themed.

So please stop being so closed minded and act like you know better how this game should look like. Because you're not. It's maybe your oppinion, but nothing more than that.

There are plenty opportunities to create good mount within the same theme as C2-N2 droid and just add some chopper sound instead of boring sound for all mounts. Nothing wrong with a bit of old-fashion paintings within starwars palette.

C2 is not steam powered. He runs on an Ion Power cell! The XS Freighter is a precursor to the Falcon series starship! It's supposed to look like that!

This is not a case of open or closed minds. This is you simply not understanding genres. Steampunk is a genre involving the continuation of the Steam powered technological advancements combined with the fashion and lifestyle of early to mid Victorian nobility. Steampunk does not visit outer space, they are content with living in the atmosphere. You are twisting genres, and that never pans out well.

This is Star Wars. It has a set theme of Science Fantasy. That is the theme. That is the genre.

C2 is not steam powered. He runs on an Ion Power cell! The XS Freighter is a precursor to the Falcon series starship! It's supposed to look like that!

This is not a case of open or closed minds. This is you simply not understanding genres. Steampunk is a genre involving the continuation of the Steam powered technological advancements combined with the fashion and lifestyle of early to mid Victorian nobility. Steampunk does not visit outer space, they are content with living in the atmosphere. You are twisting genres, and that never pans out well.

This is Star Wars. It has a set theme of Science Fantasy. That is the theme. That is the genre.

And where did I say to add steampunk mounts? I say "steampunk themed". C2 is not steampowered (I've never said that) but it does look just like one of the steampunk robots. He can run on dark materia or blood of the virgings and still look like steampunk robot.

You seems to have some problems with word "steampunk". Again - I was not asking for steampunk mounts (read my first post again if you need to). I was asking to add more old-mechanics-like mounts (more like this istead of futuristic like this) and just called it "steampunk / vintage themed" for the sake of simplicity.

And where did I say to add steampunk mounts? I say "steampunk themed". C2 is not steampowered (I've never said that) but it does look just like one of the steampunk robots. He can run on dark materia or blood of the virgings and still look like steampunk robot.

You seems to have some problems with word "steampunk". Again - I was not asking for steampunk mounts (read my first post again if you need to). I was asking to add more old-mechanics-like mounts (more like this istead of futuristic like this) and just called it "steampunk / vintage themed" for the sake of simplicity.

Steampunk theme is still Steampunk. And it STILL has no place in Star Wars. It does not belong here.

Steampunk theme is still Steampunk. And it STILL has no place in Star Wars. It does not belong here.

You argue for the sake of arguing?

I've said "steampunk themed" just to point in general direction of desired design. I'm sure if devs will be willing to implement proposed feature they'll do it in their way. So please stop from wasting everyone time picking on words.

You argue for the sake of arguing?

I've said "steampunk themed" just to point in general direction of desired design. I'm sure if devs will be willing to implement proposed feature they'll do it in their way. So please stop from wasting everyone time picking on words.

/facepalm

No, I'm arguing that everything has it's place. Steampunk does NOT belong in space. That's why Steampunk uses Airships and floating fortresses and has no moon bases or starships.

/facepalm

No, I'm arguing that everything has it's place. Steampunk does NOT belong in space. That's why Steampunk uses Airships and floating fortresses and has no moon bases or starships.

I would like to get copper-colored-metal-tubes-screws-gears-all-around-no-fancy-pancy-scify mounts with chopper/harley sound. Can you understand this or it's against your church of starwars and should be punnished as heresy by infinite whining on forums too?

I would like to get copper-colored-metal-tubes-screws-gears-all-around-no-fancy-pancy-scify mounts with chopper/harley sound. Can you understand this or it's against your church of starwars and should be punnished as heresy by infinite whining on forums too?

Oh Maker, if I didn't already have two strikes on me....

I don't even want to get into the inaccuracies about motorcycles noises when the clear common engine design to a hoverbike is a Hyperdrive.

Oh Maker, if I didn't already have two strikes on me....

I don't even want to get into the inaccuracies about motorcycles noises when the clear common engine design to a hoverbike is a Hyperdrive.

Well, thats bad because I do. And I think many will pay for that. I hope to see this implemented soon.

I hope to see this implemented soon.

I hope to see this implemented never.

What would be next? A "steampunk themed" lightsaber, where the blade flickers and emits small puffs of smoke and a chainsaw sound?

Seriously.... Starwars is such a vast universe... there really is no need to "import" other genres.

Edited by JPryde

There are already double-bladed staffs. And axes. I'm sure you guys have explanation about this too like "it's axes that running on hyperdrive core so it's viable in swtor universe, but mount with natural mechanical sound is outrage".

Well, thats bad because I do. And I think many will pay for that. I hope to see this implemented soon.

There are a lot of things people would like, and would pay for, and steam punkish stuff in Star Wars isn't one of them. Judging by the number of people who dislike your idea, suggests that a lot more don't want it, than ones that do. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is Star Wars...steam punk type things aren't a part of this universe, no matter how much you'd like it to be so.

I want an emote where I can tackle Malavai Quinn and lick his earlobe...but I doubt I'd get that either, so, don't feel too bad. There are plenty of things people want, but don't get. :)

Edited by Lunafox

There are a lot of things people would like, and would pay for, and steam punkish stuff in Star Wars isn't one of them. Judging by the number of people who dislike your idea, suggests that a lot more don't want it, than ones that do. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is Star Wars...steam punk type things aren't a part of this universe, no matter how much you'd like it to be so.

I want an emote where I can tackle Malavai Quinn and lick his earlobe...but I doubt I'd get that either, so, don't feel too bad. There are plenty of things people want, but don't get. :)

I understand that. It's just I don't like hypocrites that go mad about anything minory not from swtor while (I bet) not playing on RP servers, do not name their characters according to starwars lore and surely don't act like that. Double standards.

Anyway, that was my suggestion because I feel that such big universe could use a bit more variety in sounds that leveling players hear a lot (mount running sound). And I thought if they've added axes and blades why not add some natural mechanic sound. It's not like I'm asking about nyancat sound. But I've forgot about starwars nerds. My bad.

i think there are plenty of items in swtor already that could be considered steampunk, especially if out of context with the game.

there's also a lot of non-star wars-themed stuff to make an appearance in the game

that said, i'm not sure if i agree with an arbitrary 'steampunk-style mount with harley sound' as a viable suggestion.

it's way too ambiguous. if i could see it. a picture of what it might look like, then i could make a decision about whether or not i want it in the game. i'm actually surprised people are so against it when it could really be a great multitude of things when all is said and done.

i think there are plenty of items in swtor already that could be considered steampunk, especially if out of context with the game.

there's also a lot of non-star wars-themed stuff to make an appearance in the game

that said, i'm not sure if i agree with an arbitrary 'steampunk-style mount with harley sound' as a viable suggestion.

it's way too ambiguous. if i could see it. a picture of what it might look like, then i could make a decision about whether or not i want it in the game. i'm actually surprised people are so against it when it could really be a great multitude of things when all is said and done.

Yes, that I'm not understanding either. The reaction is like I've suggested some kind of Celestial Steed.

What I mean is something like that combined with scaled down turbines from here with some distinguishable sound (maybe some mix of standard hover sound and chopper bike sound).

Sound was very important part of star wars films. Lucas said it was "half of the picture". I think devs could really use different distinguishable sound for something player here that much while playing.