The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ugh.....FARMING!

Lo_Pan

Wow, yet another QQ abnout the new content in the game. What a shocker.

You are aware that the Tuantuan pet is an OPTION? Well unless some evil mastermind has got a gun to your head and MADE you farm the datapads?

Personally I ran the 6 nests twice one day (by swapping instances) then had a bit of a break. After running 6 nests the following day I had 15 data and got my mount. I'm not seeing the hard work there tbh?

The tauntaun is really cool (heh) and is a nice addition to my other forms of transport. And in all honesty who gives a crap about knock off protection.

People like you are epic whiners and yet again prove that Bioware are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

In conclsuion if this is the worst thing about your life may I suggest you swap with me for 5 minutes. Maybe, just maybe you will realise that life just isn't all that bad and get over yourself.

PS read my signature - OMG thats you

Edited by monkeydud

Wow, yet another QQ abnout the new content in the game. What a shocker.

You are aware that the Tuantuan pet is an OPTION? Well unless some evil mastermind has got a gun to your head and MADE you farm the datapads?

Personally I ran the 6 nests twice one day (by swapping instances) then had a bit of a break. After running 6 nests the following day I had 15 data and got my mount. I'm not seeing the hard work there tbh?

The tauntaun is really cool (heh) and is a nice addition to my other forms of transport. And in all honesty who gives a crap about knock off protection.

People like you are epic whiners and yet again prove that Bioware are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

In conclsuion if this is the worst thing about your life may I suggest you swap with me for 5 minutes. Maybe, just maybe you will realise that life just isn't all that bad and get over yourself.

PS read my signature - OMG thats you

There is a difference between good, well thought out content, and poorly constructed, thought deprived, grindfest content.

Each piece of content that comes out deserves to be judged on its individual merit. Sitting there and saying "YOU ARE GETTING CONTENT WHY ARE YOU WHINING" fails and here's why...

Lets say you sit there and say "My cup is empty! Please fill my cup with something to drink so I might enjoy it. I'm thirsty". So someone comes along and urinates in your cup then hands it back to you. You look at the cup and say "What the !@#$ is this? I wanted something to drink, not pee in my cup". Then I come along and say "What are you complaining about? You wanted something to drink and you got it. FOR FREE I might add. QQ moar noob!".

What would your response be? it would probably fall along the same lines as the OPs and some of the responses in this thread.

There is a difference between good, well thought out content, and poorly constructed, thought deprived, grindfest content.

Each piece of content that comes out deserves to be judged on its individual merit. Sitting there and saying "YOU ARE GETTING CONTENT WHY ARE YOU WHINING" fails and here's why...

Lets say you sit there and say "My cup is empty! Please fill my cup with something to drink so I might enjoy it. I'm thirsty". So someone comes along and urinates in your cup then hands it back to you. You look at the cup and say "What the !@#$ is this? I wanted something to drink, not pee in my cup". Then I come along and say "What are you complaining about? You wanted something to drink and you got it. FOR FREE I might add. QQ moar noob!".

What would your response be? it would probably fall along the same lines as the OPs and some of the responses in this thread.

Kind of my point... getting the mount was in no way whatsoever `a grindfest`. Running endless HMs to get epic gear and all 69 mods would be MY idea of a `grind fest`. two days work for a new mount? not so much

I don't know why you are complaining about the number of people per nest, it doesn't matter, you get 3 chances per nest every 25-60 minutes. In fact more people makes it faster as you can switch instances and get all those nests too, so more instances, less downtime.

Took me less than 2 hours on the first day to get 15 Tauntaun domestication data and with a group it was pretty fun, and if you dont want to farm them...ppl sell them for as low as 40k a piece...so for as little as 600k you don't have to farm (which is NOTHING to a proper lvl 50+)