The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anook, welcome home gamer!

Elloa

Hello everyone!

Do you know the social network for gamers Anook.com? It's a great tool to gather the gaming community together, discuss, chat, share videos, livestream, blog, screenshots and much more. It's also an excellent way to promote your work, your guild, your videos, what you are doing, or simply making new friends.

But long words mean nothing in comparison to images, so have a look at the trailer, and you will see by yourself, how Anook is THE right answer for the gaming community today.

So what's Anook?

• As brillantly said a LOL player in one of his video "Anook is like Facebook without all the sh*t"
  • It's a social network dedicated to gamers only. All sort of games, on all platforms.
  • The active community is growing a lot.
  • The devellopper crew is dedicated, passionated and active. They implement regular updates and are listening to users feedback. They are also always looking for more moderators, devellopers, artists to be able to cover more games and add more features.

Why I love it

• Anook is my now my main social media.
  • Anook is a ideal platform to get informed about games, about what people are doing in games, sharing your own stuff (screenshots, videos, podcast, livestream, guilds...).
  • As a gamer it's a "save place". There is no worries to spam your non gaming friends with stuff that doesn't interest them, or shock your family or collegues with a passion that they can misunderstand. We can release ourselves and use Anook as much as we wish.
  • It's also awesome because it's not limited to only one single game. Now the gaming industry, and I'm thinking here in MMORPG which are dependant of communities, have evolved a lot. The time with 3 MMO on the market is gone, and players are often hoping from one game to another. Anook is a easy, convenient place to keep contact with all your online friends even while not playing directly together.
  • It's also a great place to be known and promote your own gaming "work" (video, articles, streams etc)

How to use Anook?

• You create your profile (You can sign up via Facebook or Google aswell). To that profile you can link all other social network you have (Youtube channel, TwichTV stream, Facebook, Twitter etc). Some games allow you to link your characters aswel, like WOW armory, TeamForteress, DiabloIII, LOL etc...
  • You follow the games you like, other players, or Nooks (Nook are a page, a blog a forum, it can be many things). Every updates will be inscribed on your wall, so you will not miss anything. You can "Love", "Dislike" and "Share"
  • You can post on your wall, share a link or a image and tag a game to your post. It will appear to the Game wall and to your Wall altogether. You can share this post to different appropriate Nooks, or friends directly. A excellent way to promote what you are doing. For each post, you can earn fame points that will be shown on your profile.
  • You can create your own Nook. It can be a Page, a Blog, a Forum. Depend of what you want to create.Guilds often create a Page for promotion and sharing news.
  • Interesting users or Nooks are featured on top page. Interesting content are highlighted by moderators.

If you have any question do not hesitate to contact me: http://www.anook.com/elloa

You will find the SWTOR page here: http://www.anook.com/game/swtor

The SWTOR community is not very active on Anook yet. That need to change! Wich is why i'm contacting you! :)

Your advertising is not welcome here.

I don't see why. It's related to "Community". It's related to SWTOR. It's an information that can be useful for the SWTOR communiy.

Having an active community on a Social network like Anook can only have a positive impact on the game itself. Users that may have stopped to play, or that never tried SWTOR might get attracted by seing other players sharing their screenshots and videos. More you speak about the game better chance you have to strenght your community.

So, i definitively do not see why my "advertissement" isn't welcome. Beside, I want to be clear that I'm not gaining anything by doing this, beside seing a community grow and have more opportunity to get aquainted with poeple.

Edited by Elloa

I don't see why. It's related to "Community". It's related to SWTOR. It's an information that can be useful for the SWTOR communiy.

Having an active community on a Social network like Anook can only have a positive impact on the game itself. Users that may have stopped to play, or that never tried SWTOR might get attracted by seing other players sharing their screenshots and videos. More you speak about the game better chance you have to strenght your community.

So, i definitively do not see why my "advertissement" isn't welcome. Beside, I want to be clear that I'm not gaining anything by doing this, beside seing a community grow and have more opportunity to get aquainted with poeple.

As cool as this site is the poster above you is right. Advertisements of any kind are frowned upon by the mods. It's one of the rules of the forum.

Edit: I just want to add that everyone has their own ways of making the community stronger and not everyone will like being part of a social network some find it intimidating so they would rather be with their guilds whom they have formed strong bonds with.

Edited by theUndead

As cool as this site is the poster above you is right. Advertisements of any kind are frowned upon by the mods. It's one of the rules of the forum.

Oh well, I, in all honnesty though it was an appropriate, relevant and interesting information. Now, if it's not, well... the moderators will do their job and move or delete this thread.

Edited by Elloa

Oh well, I, in all honnesty though it was an appropriate, relevant and interesting information. Now, if it's not, well... the moderators will do their job and move or delete this thread.

Fair enough. I would however suggest you repost in the off topic forum that is where anything non game related goes. You might get a better response there.