Valorous Call/Frenzy=4 Stacks of Merciless Slash/Annihilate

DraydeRhionnan

I know there's a constant, streaming suggestion of extending the time on Merciless Slash/Annihilate, but I honestly feel the difficulty of keeping this stack at 4 is part of the difficulty of playing the class.

The problem comes in that in several op boss fights, this simply is not possible for reasons entirely unrelated to skill. There are visual pauses and lulls that happen that simply prevent it. In addition, there is a huge DPS loss during the initial buildup phase at the beginning of a fight. This is nearly unavoidable (without annoying your raid group with demands of duels or pulling adds close to a boss, then starting the boss very quickly).

Rather than having an extra second or so on Merc Slash/Annihilate, I propose using Valorous Call/Frenzy to instantly give 4 stacks of this buff. It fixes the problem without lowering the bar for 'skill' - you can start the fight with 4 stacks, but you still have to be just as good at managing them, and you have a means to deal with strange phases in boss fights that force the buff to end.