Social Points for PVP

Lithinon

Pvp is probably the most social thing that you can do in-game. You have to coordinate with a team to overcome another team of people that are also coordinating. There are objectives and different roles that each class and spec has to fill. So, we should definitely be getting social points for pvp.

Pvp is probably the most social thing that you can do in-game. You have to coordinate with a team to overcome another team of people that are also coordinating. There are objectives and different roles that each class and spec has to fill. So, we should definitely be getting social points for pvp.

I'd have to say PvP is most anti-social thing you can do in game.

I'd have to say PvP is most anti-social thing you can do in game.

Well not really any team play PVP or PVE were you working together to work to a goal is good team play and yes it should earn social points. I guess though with PVP it is difficult to quantify actually how much team play is going on, were has PVE it becomes an essential requirement to work together due to the threat dynamics of NPC's. in PVP no doubt you get loose cannons thinking they can take it all on. and it becomes a bit chaotic then.;)

Let's be honest...proper teamwork rarely happens in PvP. If it did you wouldn't run into so many games where only a single person is willing to defend...or people cap somethign then run away from it. Seriously...basic rule from any older MMO...if you cap the node...YOU guard that node.

How often do you see powertechs/vanguards or jugg/guards...actually guarding a healer? I was absolutely amazed to find how many people in the 55 bracket don't make use of their taunts in pvp! An AoE taunt can seriously make the healer's life easier.

How about the interference runners? the 2 people that elect tot ake the horrible job of purposefully harassing larger numbers to slow down the enemy knowing they will spend half the wz respawning...these ones regularly get called "nubs" by those hwo don't realize they are the reason things are so easy due to keeping the other side defending their one node and unable to launch a proper attack on one of the other nodes.

Then ofcourse comes the other thing that cracks me up...VIP votes for those not completeing any objectives. Objectives win warzones...that guy with 60 kills yet almost no objective points was a waste of space (even interference runners net some large objective points if they know what they are doing). Healers easily can sit high on objective points by tossing out dots when not actively heavy healing in triage mode to pick up the damage badges.

Social points make no sense when you look at what the norm is for PvP, unless you plan on linking it directly to objective points and nothing else...something like every 2-3k objective points is 1 social point.

Social points make no sense when you look at what the norm is for PvP, unless you plan on linking it directly to objective points and nothing else...something like every 2-3k objective points is 1 social point.

I understand your point of view and agree with most of what you have said. Maybe a little bit more than 1 social point though. Pvp'ers deal with other players all the time but they get no recognition for it. Social points should definitely be added in some how.

I understand your point of view and agree with most of what you have said. Maybe a little bit more than 1 social point though. Pvp'ers deal with other players all the time but they get no recognition for it. Social points should definitely be added in some how.

Yeah, I don't think screaming "GOD U FKING N00BS TEHY R ON THE CAP POINT!!!111!!!!!1111111!!1" can be considered "socializing"

Maybe if you're a masochist....

>.>

Well, you get social points for talking to NPCs while in a party, so I really don't see why one should not get social points for doing PvP, even if people don't know what they are doing or aren't friendly. (Like people were any better in random flashpoint groups lol)

PvP gives (ranked) WZ comms and Valor. That's the only way to get them. So PvPers already get something special.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.