Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

i messed up my companion conversations

PokeSaro

so at the moment im playing on my smuggler(female). at the start i didnt feel like having a romance with corso. but after a while i started liking him and then i wanted to start a romance with him but at this point i was already on Balmorrra and with almost full affection with him. and when i was on the last conversation with him, he talked about that i wanted to stay with me and protect me and my children. so i tried to save the romance by picking: you want me to have your children? then he replied: you've shut that door captain, dont tease me now. this is annoying the **** out of me!

so at the moment im playing on my smuggler(female). at the start i didnt feel like having a romance with corso. but after a while i started liking him and then i wanted to start a romance with him but at this point i was already on Balmorrra and with almost full affection with him. and when i was on the last conversation with him, he talked about that i wanted to stay with me and protect me and my children. so i tried to save the romance by picking: you want me to have your children? then he replied: you've shut that door captain, dont tease me now. this is annoying the **** out of me!

You do know that if you pick a unfavorable option in a conversation you can just press "esc" and end the conversation the repeat it? If you saw the convo take a wrong turn then you should have ended it at that point and restarted.

You had a lucky escape. Corso is a needy, jealous, clingy stalker. My female smuggler always picks the flirt options with NPCs when Corso is around, just because it drives him up the wall so much.

I'd boot him off my ship if I could.

Uggh, hate...hate...hate Corso. My scoundrel is running with HK because I don't frankly care about getting companion affection up.

Gifts. Corso likes weapons (and then military gear). Several unique Rakata grenades and you'll be at 10k in no time.

Edited by branmakmuffin

you know what really amuses me? this unshakable belief that some people have that Corso pushes romance and doesn't take no for an answer, and yet... here you are, OP - romance free. (and I'm sorry to say, but yeah, if you don't take that road early on and/or use one of the options that locks romance out? you are SOL on that character.)

incidentally, being unhappy about someone you are supposed to be in a monogamous relationship with - flirting with everything that moves is not needy or clingy. its perfectly understandable

but... too each their own, I guess.

You do know that if you pick a unfavorable option in a conversation you can just press "esc" and end the conversation the repeat it? If you saw the convo take a wrong turn then you should have ended it at that point and restarted.

The OP was long past that point. Nothing in that conversation would have mattered because the OP had already shutdown the romance options. So the "esc" option would have been useless in that scenario.

incidentally, being unhappy about someone you are supposed to be in a monogamous relationship with - flirting with everything that moves is not needy or clingy. its perfectly understandable

but... too each their own, I guess.

Yeah, I'm with you there - each time I see those posts I find myself raising an eyebrow... "They are angry because he gets upset that they are cheating on him right in front of him...?".

Obviously some people expect every companion to be like Zevran from Dragon Age: Origins.

Corso isn't even the only one that does this, Risha will outright yell at you and scare off all the other women you flirt with if she's present. :p

Choices have ramifications. Next time know what you want to do before you go in the door.

The problem is that SWTOR let us only guess which choices might have what consequences in the long run. So, one cannot make informed decisions (unless one uses a wiki to read about all the options first). And in my humble opinion that is not better than just watching a movie in which I have no choices. If the story wants to be interactive, one has to be able to change it at any point in directions one want to see the story develope. Otherwise choices are meaningless and the story will never become my story but always the story someone else is telling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.