The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Whole new cartel market

it seems to me the reason we see more packs than actual armor might be a data issue where its cheaper to stick 20 odd new items in a pack and gamble them off than it is to add these kind of items permanently to the market so i was thinking would it be a good idea to instead of embargoing packs to come back again later to instead have the items from those packs buyable in collections but for a higher price for instance buying a 31 level armor set from market is about 1200cc so in future say when you remove the second shipment of cartel packs an armor set from that pack would become purchasable from your collections for about 2000cc but is also unlocked for all characters

it would obviously effect the prices of rare items in the gtn which are embargoed. but would bring a boost to the company's wallets from players who have more money than time on there hands to play the game.

Your not the only one thinking along similar lines, items like Revans armor and the old sith guard armor and any other armor or item in general could still go in packs if that's what Bioware wants to do, give people a chance at a cheaper price to roll the dice and possibly get a cheap item, but the items should also be available as a separate purchase and I dont mean individual purchases for belts boots gloves etc, I'm talking premium price on cartel coins for a full armor set. You could do the same with a ranged weapon pack or melee weapon pack

also do away with level requirements on the cartel market, you're creating a barrier to entry.

distinctive appearance is quite key in an RPG.