The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bring back tionese, columi and rakata!!

PokeSaro

In what strange world does that logic follow? Why can't s/he think the new PVP/PVE armors look like crap, but the old PVP/PVE armor looked even crappier?

What kind of logic is it to deny players armor that they want just because said poster thinks it's ugly? Most of what's on the Cartel Market wouldn't exist or much of the armor in the game for that matter.

My point being/was that what does it matter if it's ugly? There's already tons of other ugly armor in the game, so what harm is there in bringing these back? Not counting the people who will probably kill themselves over no longer having bragging rights by having the old armors.

I was basically pointing out how moronic it is to say stuff like "nope that dem there gear are ugly" given what currently exists in the game.

It's perfectly consistent to think that either all the armor in this game has been fugly so far, or maybe that the only good-looking armors have been the ones available on the CM (a fairly common complaint actually).

It's fine to think it's all ugly just don't go around trying to stop people from wearing what they want to wear or what they think looks cool just because said person doesn't agree.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this in another thread so I'll say it again here.

Remember those old vendors in fleet that sold these old gears? Well I figured Bioware could just bring them back and put them on the capital worlds (Dromund kaas/Coruscant). They did this for the lower lvl PVP gears so I figured they could do the same for the PVE gears too. Speaking of which I also hope they bring back the old lvl 50 PVP gears too.

Please Devs from Bioware read threads that are important to players !

Bring back Rakata/ Columi/Tionese Shells. They were all nice looking and would like to wear them once more.

As I sold the tokens for freaking basics ;(

I can't find a person on fleet. nor in my guild who would not like them.

Help us players, sign this topic.

For The Empire !!!

Yes please bring back rakata gear for empire and republic.

:D

I said this in another thread so I'll say it again here.

Remember those old vendors in fleet that sold these old gears? Well I figured Bioware could just bring them back and put them on the capital worlds (Dromund kaas/Coruscant). They did this for the lower lvl PVP gears so I figured they could do the same for the PVE gears too. Speaking of which I also hope they bring back the old lvl 50 PVP gears too.

Yea i agree.

Edited by -Spc

PS did I mention that that gear was freaking ugly as hell and people complained about it constantly?

It is for this reason I kept my Consular Rakata set and still wear it. After having dyed it medium orange and green. Its about as fugly as you can get now, but it makes identifying the tank easier (at least that was my post hoc justification for doing it) :p

What kind of logic is it to deny players armor that they want just because said poster thinks it's ugly?

You aren't denied it. You could have earned it when it was available and kept it in your cargo. You chose not to, thread over, issue solved.

You aren't denied it. You could have earned it when it was available and kept it in your cargo. You chose not to, thread over, issue solved.

Your double standards are laughable...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=735069

You complain over the fact you're NOT able to solo that which is MEANT to be group content and then have the nerve to say what you just did?

Your double standards are laughable...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=735069

You complain over the fact you're NOT able to solo that which is MEANT to be group content and then have the nerve to say what you just did?

What....I don't....how...what does one have to do with the other? They're not even in the same ballpark. Quite frankly that was one of the stupidest rebuttals I have ever seen.

What....I don't....how...what does one have to do with the other? They're not even in the same ballpark. Quite frankly that was one of the stupidest rebuttals I have ever seen.

Not really, seeing that in both instances, it pretty much comes to something which is referred to as "game design".

2.0 hit and Bioware chose to remove the old shells, since they were by all intents and purposes obsolete. Regardless, people expecting for those old shells to return and / or be reintroduced at a later date makes perfect sense, if only to provide a greater length of customization, which is something that Bioware is apparently sensitive to.

Even if it actually indicates they can't be bothered to design something especially tailored for whatever event / new content is released and instead prefer to introduce those via-Cartel Market.

On the other hand, you complaining over the fact you CAN'T solo GROUP content? Now that's truly stupid.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

OK buddy, whatever you say.

I asked why they made a change and stated that I was unhappy with the change because I enjoyed the challenge of soloing group content.

You are acting like you have somehow been personally slighted because old gear is now out of circulation (just like happens in every other MMO in the industry, hell just like happens in every industry).

Clearly you hold the moral high ground here and my thread is stupid compared to yours.

That's one of best looking chest pieces for the SW class which is kind of sad in a way given that you can get it so early in the game. That is in reference to the gear progression you find in most RPGs and MMOs, ie as you get further into the game you find better/cooler looking gear and as such your look is evolving alongside your character as you level. In TOR though none of the mid level gear seems that great on average. A lot of the best stuff is either seen early on, 50 onwards, from Rep Vendors, or the Cartel Market.

I like Wildstar's approach of "let's just design cool stuff through the entire leveling process" rather than just putting all the best stuff at the end of the game the way most MMOs/RPGs do.

Which is a good thing, as you can look decent early on.

As for gear progression, if Bioware`s idea of "desirable" means the POS looking gear they keep adding as end-game, all the better for me, as I HATE complicated stuff - and those are the epitome of bad taste for me. I, for once, welcome their desire to look like a bad joke if you want to show how bad and heroic you are and stuff... I`ll keep my discrete armor that I actually like to look at which nobody wants, because EVERYBODY wants to show-off those ugly pieces, so they`ll dump the nice armors really cheap. Everybody gets what they want and everybody is happy :)

Makes really no difference to me if I am the only one or a part of the 99% players that have a certain armor, as long as I like my toon. And I DO believe that, TODAY, we have better options for gear than the old discontinued ones.

Edited by Styxx

please bring back the T/C/R armor! i barely got to see the armor. only juggernaut and sentinel armor. and still i loved both looks. now im watching a dude who has a marauder with that armor. looks too good to be taken away!

No thanks!

How about we keep a few items in game rare. Why does everything have to be re-released?

Except I have earned said armor and kept it. Now explain to me how I use that armor on my alts? And don't say "you're alts needed to have earned it" because the game goes out of it's way to allow you to unlock things with multiple characters once a single character has earned it, ie armors, weapons, companions, buffs, etc.

So now please explain to me why that gear isn't in my Collection tab or available through some sort of vendor?