The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Request] Tral-tech Disruptor from Boarding Party?

ZeroPlus

Hi guys,

I know we have more pressing issue going on right now, but I'm hoping a kind Powertech out there can help me out here.

I'm trying to figure out where the Tral-tech Disruptor drops.

Based on the fact that it is the same Item Level as the Tral-tech Interceptor and also Bind on Equip, I'm guessing that it is acquired from the same place. In other words, it would be in the chest after defeating Commander Jorland and his squad in The Boarding Party flashpoint (as the chest can contain a wide array of weapons). It is however possible that it might drop from one of the other bosses (the droid boss, HXI-54 Juggernaut, also drops an Operative rifle).

Unfortunately, after soloing The Boarding Party multiple times on my Mercenary (and only seeing the Tral-tech Interceptor as a pistol drop) I've come to the conclusion that either:

1) The Tral-tech Disruptor only drops if a Powertech is present in the group (because it has tanking stats: more Endurance than Aim, +Absorption), OR

2) The Tral-tech Disruptor is currently not obtainable in game (even though it exists in the game files).

So, my request is:

Could a kindly Powertech please solo The Boarding Party flashpoint (possible from level 45+, maybe sooner (at 55 on my Merc it took less than 10 minutes to complete it)) and see if the Tral-tech Disruptor drops for him in the flashpoint and then post back here with his results?

Thank you.

Edited by ZeroPlus

I'll run it on one of my BH's and post results for you after 3 runs maximum.

UPDATE: All 3 runs gave me an Interceptor. I'll run Foundry a few times just to check, but it's looking like you're out of luck.

2nd UPDATE: No luck from Foundry either. You best bet is going to be to get a Main-Hand version of the same pistol from the PvP vendor, and then luck out with an Off-Hand from somewhere else.

Edited by Grimoir

I'll run it on one of my BH's and post results for you after 3 runs maximum.

UPDATE: All 3 runs gave me an Interceptor. I'll run Foundry a few times just to check, but it's looking like you're out of luck.

2nd UPDATE: No luck from Foundry either. You best bet is going to be to get a Main-Hand version of the same pistol from the PvP vendor, and then luck out with an Off-Hand from somewhere else.

Thanks Grimoir!

Just to be sure: you used a Powertech, right?

If so: Damn! :(

I ran it on my PT with Torian as my comp.

Honestly though, companions have no effect on the gear that drops. Sadly it looks like in this instance luck isn't in our favor.

The other telling sign about it, is the lack of its presence on the GTN. Whenever an item is BoE, the chances of it not showing up on the GTN are like 100 to 1. Even with a 'rare' drop like the D-200 pistol on DK(among other places), you're still almost guaranteed to see it on the GTN at some point in time.