The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is this computer good enough to run Swtor at 60 fps with all options maxed out ?

Pathlight-

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a laptop to be able to run SWTOR with all graphics option maxed with 60fps or more. My budget extends to 1200 € but I found a computer that seems good enough at 720€. Could someone in the know tell me if this computer is good enough ? I mostly pvp so getting more than 60 fps is very important.

The link is in French but the system specs are listed at the bottom of the page. To sum up, here are the main points:

Cpu: Intel Core i5-3210M (Dual-Core 2.5 GHz / 3.1 GHz Turbo - cache 3 Mo)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (2GB)

Ram: 8 Gb DDR3 PC3-12800 - DDR3 1600 MHz

The screen size is 15,6' and the resolution is 1366 x 768 pixels. I'm not sure if I would benefit from choosing a computer with a full hd 17,3' screen or if this is enough.

Sorry, but it won't.

I'll quote what I said in another thread:

i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz Quad-Core

8Gb DDR3 Corsair @ 1600 MHz

SATA2 SSD for SO

SATA3 SSD for Games

HDD for storage only

G-Force GTX660Ti with 2GB VRam

My game settings are all maxed.

With that you think I can keep 60 FPS all the time with vertical synchronization turned on, right?

WRONG!

I barely go over 40 FPS in the fleet near GTN area.

Some planets I do get steady 60 FPS most of the times (even more if I turn vsync off) but in some places the FPS rate drops to below 50 frames.

Warzones... during heavy fights with lots of people gathered, I don't go over 45 FPS.

Some ops, the same as warzones.

I guess that the biggest problem is that this game is coded as a 32 bit application (so I've heard/read). If they change it to 64 bits, we could have a really good improvement in my opinion.

I think the key is 'v-sync=on'

I have similar setup to quoted one (i7 2700k intel, 8gb 1600 mhz, 2 ssd drives one for OS, one for game) but 560 Ti instead of 660, and I usualy have 55-65+ fps in GTN area with hi settings but v-sync off.

The level of technology has not advanced yet like SWTOR. There is no CPU and GPU power out there to run this game at 60 FPS with all options maxed out. Go to black hole, do open world PVP 20 reps 40 imps, nuff said, moving on :rolleyes: Edited by Leafy_Bug