Merc DPS Arkanian Relics?

NinjaNard

Go with the following:

• Arkanian Relic of Serendipitous Assault (Highest DPS. Get first)
  • Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages

Arkanian Relic of the Cerulean Nova (Energy Tech damage mitigated by armor) is the same DPS as the Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages but it shares a cooldown with Arkanian Relic of Serendipitous Assault meaning the latter will never proc if both are used.

I'll post the actual DPS increase values later.

Edited by SteveMellross

See below for SimulationCraft (patch 2.2.3) DPS values based on Underworld level gear. This will scale directly for Arkanian gear, I just couldn't be bothered creating a new profile since I already had this one made up.

• No Relics - 2713.0

• Underworld Relic of Serendipitous Assault - 2790.9 (+77.9)
  • Underworld Relic of Boundless Ages - 2786.9 (+73.9)
  • Underworld Relic of the Cerulean Nova - 2786.9 (+73.9)
  • Underworld Relic of Elemental Transcendence - 2785.0 (+72.0)

Note: The Underworld Relic of Elemental Transcendence is actually Elemental Force damage leaving no unmitigated (Internal/Elemental) Tech damage relics at the Underworld level. The Arkanian version is Tech damage though so that's how I modeled the relic above. If you do actually look at Underworld or Kell Dragon relics in the future keep this in mind.

As for the different damage types:

Internal, Elemental, Energy, Kinetic

Internal/Elemental - Unaffected by Armor but the proc base damage is lower.

Energy/Kinetic - Mitigated by Armor but the proc base damage is higher. These are generally better for Mercs since we get a fair amount or armor reduction. The mitigated damage still ends up being higher than the unmitigated relic damage.

Force, Tech

Force - Affected by Force crit chance. This will be low for Tech classes.

Tech - Affected by Tech crit chance. This will be low for Force classes.

Hope this helps.