The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dear Devs: Concerning This Job Opening

CrygonFreeze

To whoever it may concern, I came across your application for the "Senior Mobile Producer" on your Bioware: Austin Careers website and kinda got me excited that you guys are possibly working on an app that will contribute to the game in some way. The fact that you haven't found a Senior Producer tells me you are still in the very beginning stages, but is it possible that we would see this in the future? Or am I just day dreaming?

I wouldn't expect them to share any information on it whatsoever until it gets closer to completion.

That being said, it's not guaranteed to be SWTOR related - they also had an App thingy for ME3 IIRC, not to mention a whole mobile game, Mass Effect: Infiltrator or something?

It could even be for Dragon Age: Inquisition, or the secret title Bioware is currently working on - which is a new IP entirely I believe.

Edited by Callaron

• 1 month later...

Based on the job description (cached link - the position may now be filled, as it no longer appears on the EA Careers website), it is likely that the position refers to mobile development of some sort related to SWTOR.

However, EA is also looking for a Community Manager of mobile games to be based in Austin, and the job description for this position specifically calls out a title that BioWare Austin doesn't handle. The Austin studio may be expanding beyond purely SWTOR.