The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is F2P Worth It?

Juniormonk

Evening friends,

Monk here with another episode of

! This week's episode is all about whether free to play is worth it or not. Also it's about a game I like to play while waiting for que's to pop. It's called "Crotch Twitch." Once you start playing it you will not be able to stop so be warned!

Special guests: Itoa, Zuhara, Roisinn, and Sarenna. Thank you for adding some commentary on the state of F2P.

Please like, share, sub, and enjoy!

Cheers,

Monk

Edited by Juniormonk
grammar

Great question. In my experienced opinion, which covers gaming literally from its infancy of the first board wargame Tactics II forward, yes, F2P is very much worth the effort. Why? Because it allows you to get the gist of a game to see if it really is what you want, without having to shell out the subscription price.

That said, the F2P player does suffer the constraints of limited actions, character creations (for those with altitis, that means 2 or 3 toons at most), and very limited trading capabilities, such as the Auction Houses, player to player trades and so on.

Still, it is a great way to learn the game from the basic side up, by meeting experienced players, most of whom, like myself, are more than willing to answer questions, give guidance and just be all around good community members. :cool: