The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market XP buffs not granting correct bonus

Rehneu

OK before anyone decides to pop in and post a link out lining how this bonus works and how it is calculated let me first state that I am fully aware of it all and appreciate the assistance. However, the XP buff is NOT correctly calculating the 25% xp bonus. I posted an in-depth thread on this about 6 weeks ago out lining everything to the T and was curious to see if this was corrected in that time. The good news is, that the bonus was increased from the then findings of 20.1% to bring us closer to the 25% as it is supposed to do. It is now granting 21.6% bonus XP to the missions base (subscriber status and no there is no 20% bonus to subscribers).

This is how this was calculated. First, my character, without a buff, looked at the xp in the mission log that was supposed to be awarded. The total amount displayed was 11,168 xp unbuffed and before any full completion via reward selection. After the buff was applied and the mission was cleared, that XP was increased to 14,473. Now, this amount also included the 8% guild bonus. So as some of us are aware, the guild bonus is added into the total xp gained after the reward selection and is not shown/calculated into the amount of xp displayed in the mission log itself. What this means is, that the 8% would have calculated to 893.44 extra making the total xp from the buff bonus to reflect 13,580.

Ok now onto the buff itself. The buff was then calculated out to reflect that the total amount awarded was indeed increased by a total of 21.6%.

I am posting this here to ask if BW can once again take a look into this and let us know if this is a known issue or not.

I appreciate your time and assistance.

Rehneu-

Ok, I don't know if anyone else found this but...

I was killing a mob and getting about 270XP per kill. I realised my XP boost had finished and I put on a new Major XP boost... and the XP went DOWN to about 250XP per kill.

I'm not crazy, cos I noticed it and scrolled up. I didn't change the mobs I was killing, I didn't level up, NOTHING changed except the XP boost and it put me DOWN.

Anyone else found this?

So after today's patch, it seems that the guild bonus is now not being added into the final xp. Also, just looked at a mission that had 7661 xp pre-buff. With the buff, was granted 9193. This is a total of 20% increase from the buff.

This is not being calculated correctly in the coding.