Healer with best DPS

JSwanee

I always play tanks. Never really could get into playing a healer so I figured if I'd try it but if it doesnt work for me I'll just go DPS. So which healer AC has the best DPS for solo? For FP's?

Commandos have the best AoE. Scoundrels have some nice melee burst, but not as much as a commando with their CDs up. Neither Commandos nor Scoundrels can DPS for more than a few GCDs without gimping their energy though. Sages have fairly decent single target DPS that they can actually sustain (especially if they take the Disturbance talent). Commandos are great for leveling due to the prevalence of large packs of weak mobs, while Sages are probably best for flashpoints and such if you have to throw out some DPS.

When talking about respeccing to DPS, all 3 are about on par for single target DPS with Scoundrel DF and Commando Gunnery being easiest to play and Sage being hardest to master.

They all have great AOE for FPs and are all viable in OPs when played well.

Personally I like Scoundrel best because he is melee, the other two ranged DPS. Also, Scoundrel is arguably the best healer of the bunch.

Edited by atschai

• 5 weeks later...

This has been my experience. I play my operative and sorc the most and swap them both between tree if needed.

Healer Preference:

1. Operative (highest heals, uber mobile)

2. Sorc (Very similar heals, easier to learn, less mobile)

3. Merc (Lowest Heals/kinda clunky)

DPS Preference:

1. Sorc (2600 dps Ranged)

2. Op (2700 dps Melee)

3. Merc (Should be like sorc.)