The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Social Events. Whats yours?

Ziso

Hi all

As we as a guild have always tried to provide guild and server events, I thought it would be nice to touch base with like minded people/guilds and share ideas for events.

These are some of the Events we have done in Tor as we like to provide 2 days of the week to social aspects of the game and 1 night a week for guild datacron runs so on top of the 3 Ops nights, we have a nice balance of events.

1. Motor vehicle Show. Show off your motor vehicles and provide information on how to get some of the vehicles. Ideal for newer players so they can see the different types that are achievable and available.

2. Pet Show. Show off your pets, the sounds they make. We held this in the Slippery Slopes Cantina on Nar Shaddaa for lower level players to attend and also both factions.

3. Datacron Runs: Much more fun in a guild group. Especially if you have Empire and Republic sides to the guild as a lot can be run together. Also by doing guild runs we always have pullers in the group so some members who cant jump very well appreciate the runs as if they miss, most likely they can be pulled up/across jumps.

4. Hide and Seek: Done in the Prominad on Nar Shaddaa (for both factions) one player hides in either lower or upper Prominad and others have to find him. They stay in the cantina till the hider is ready. As not all members have vehicles, no vehicle use allowed by lookers. (Great spot was on top of Hutta Statue)

5. Achievement and Codex Runs. Since achievements were put into the game, we have good fun running planets getting all the achievements on the planet. A kill x250 achievement goes quite fast with a group of 10. Of course some achievements are class only, but you tend to get 90% of them on these runs. Codex item runs are as popular also.

6.Pazaak Cantina Nights. Using this link to download pazaak (takes minutes to download and learn to play) http://www.pazaak.org/play we have some events on this. Helps if playersin guild register with ingame names so you know who is who, and we do a little league on the night with members playing each other once. Winner gets Pazaak Winner forum ribbon on guild forums. TeamSpeak/vent/Mumble etc very good whilst playing also. We have Pazaak channel on teamspeak for these events.

7. "I find your lack of fashion disturbing" Event. The idea of the event is who can wear the mode hideous, awful looking outfit. Any item is allowed to be equipped, dye kits used if you wish. We have a 3 man judging panel (like X-factor) who will judge and decide winners.

8. Flashpoint Runs. From Lower level flashpoint run nights where any player can ask to be run through a flashpoint for achievements or gear and a higher level member will go with them to hard mode flashpoint runs. Groups formed on night based on who ever turns up.

9. Guild Lottery. Last month we started a guild lottery. We kept the entry fee low, 20,000 credits so all levels could enter and by having over 50 entries to Republic and Empire side, we raised over 1 million credits both sides for guild bank funds. We have 5 prizes per faction (most donated by members and 1-2 really nice cartel items) and players enter by putting 20k into guild bank. We kept it at maximum 2 characters per faction per person so those with 2-3 alts only arnt up against those with 10+. You would need permission off guild leader to view ledger to see who has donated and these names are added to the draw. As FtP cant use guild bank without an unlock, for them to enter they simply PM'd me on our forums and asked me to do a COD ingame to their characters and I added funds directly. I am sure you can also do a lottery many other ways.

10. World Boss Events. Lucky is a very popular one as we take any level with us once we have enough 50-55s. They enjoy the titles lucky and unlucky.

Be nice to read any other events other players/guilds run

Ziso

Deputy Leader, Unity Guild (The Red Eclipse)

http://unity-guild.com/

Edited by Ziso

Through our Guild alliance we have recently done an open world PvP/Scavenger hunt event. Over the course of 2 weeks I posted random clues on our guild Forums, in the "shout box" on random peoples pages, in the, In Game MoD and in Guild News updates. at the end of the 2 weeks observant players should have known where to start looking for me. Just before the start time of the event I posted a Pic on the front page of the guild website that was my view from my location. I was on an Imp toon and my Guildies were Repub. The Guild that we have an alliance with was on their Imp toons as well and were acting as my "Body Guards" as my Guildies began arriving on the planet the Pub side MoD was updated show that their objective was to falgg for PvP, find and then kill me. As they began arriving at the battle site PvP began. what everyone thought would earn them a quick 150k for 30 seconds of work became a 35 min long, 20 character battle.

We battled on Quesh since both Factions can easily get to each another bases. I set up camp near the Imp Outpost so that I could respawn quickly and give plenty of opportunities for my guildies to kill me and earn prizes.

This was one of our most successful events to date and everyone involved had a great time.

Edited by RiVaN_