The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HK-51 complete CC unlock

I know that there is a questline associated with acquiring this companion and that the ability to completely unlock him as companion would probably upset some people (those who have completed it mostly), but I'd really like to see a full HK-51 pack in the CC market. I don't have a guild and finding a party willing to help me get the hardmode flashpoint parts has proven difficult, so it would be nice to be able to buy him instead. Maybe make the same option as with Treek with a legacy level requirement.

Another option could be to let us buy the option for a solo-friendly version of the quest. This way you would still have to work for it and the people who have already completed the quest would maybe not feel cheated by it.

Edited by Redskiesrpg

• 2 weeks later...
It's a game. The point of a game is to have fun. If you want to earn things, get a job.

If you get HK via questing and someone else gets it via CC, you still have your HK.

I find that the people who complain about CC bought items are people that don't have the money to buy coins . So, if they had their way there would be no CC store .

I'm ok with adding anything to the store as long it don't give one player the edge over another and so far nothing in the CC does that . Even the new companion being added to the CC store will not cause any harm . Its just like any other companion in game "just short and hairy" Just make sure any weapon/armor it starts off with is bottom level like your first companion . But I'd be ok with they added HK-51 to CC store , just make sure it starts off starter gear. nothing funnier than a lvl 10 running around with a high gear companion wasting everything :D

I find that the people who complain about CC bought items are people that don't have the money to buy coins . So, if they had their way there would be no CC store .

I'm ok with adding anything to the store as long it don't give one player the edge over another and so far nothing in the CC does that . Even the new companion being added to the CC store will not cause any harm . Its just like any other companion in game "just short and hairy" Just make sure any weapon/armor it starts off with is bottom level like your first companion . But I'd be ok with they added HK-51 to CC store , just make sure it starts off starter gear. nothing funnier than a lvl 10 running around with a high gear companion wasting everything :D

I doubt we will ever see any "game altering" gear in the CM. Some people just like controlling how others play the game, so they balk at things like Treek being purchasable with CC.

No no NO!

I'm sorry, but I can NOT support this. HK-51 is literally a droid you have to build. The point of the missions is to prove you have EARNED the droid. Once you unlock him once you can buy him on your alts for Cartel Coins. It should stay that way.

By adding it to the Cartel Market, it would just prove that you don't need to work for anything.

And lets not forget: non subscribers already need to buy Section X access from the Cartel Market. HK is from Section X. There is your reason to not put him in the Cartel Market.

The new Ewok (Treek) companion was a bad idea to put in the Cartel Market, but the other option was to pay credits (and with Level 40 legacy). This justifies the fact you could buy the Ewok companion, but HK does not have a justification for CM purchase.

No no NO! I'm sorry, but I can NOT support this.

Of course you can. You just don't want to. So you're not actually sorry at all.

HK-51 is literally a droid you have to build. The point of the missions is to prove you have EARNED the droid. Once you unlock him once you can buy him on your alts for Cartel Coins. It should stay that way.

And if you "worked" for it, someone else buying it from the CM does not negate the fact that you "worked" for it.

By adding it to the Cartel Market, it would just prove that you don't need to work for anything.And lets not forget: non subscribers already need to buy Section X access from the Cartel Market. HK is from Section X. There is your reason to not put him in the Cartel Market.

So? The point of the game is to have fun. If you feel the need to earn things, a game is not the place to do it. No one else cares how "hard" you "worked" to get HK.

Not sure how I feel about buying HK through CM and skipping all the quest chain. It is actually kind of fun and not that long at all. I just did it recently for the very first time with minimal use of internet guides. All the quests say Heroic, but it is pretty soloable now that the level cap is increased to 55 and the content difficulty did not apparently scale past 50. The only time I really did group was for the hard mode flashpoint. I used group finder and explained the situation to the group that it was my first run through of the flashpoint and that I was trying to get the HK part. They were nice and we just continued on anyway. With four 55's, the level 50 flashpoint was over pretty quick.

There are alot of people who prefer to play swtor solo,by limiting things like HK to group quests only,it lowers sales,some will buy section x not knowing they can never get the last pieces,but once they have been hit by that once,they will be careful in the future,for instance only one story line on makeb can be completed solo, the other stories the galaxy hunting ones cant be due to the last quest in the series being a level 55 4 heroic.

people play the way they want,and the game producer should try and make the game appeal to the widest audience possible,if that means selling HK parts on the Cartel market or making a soloable versions of endgame heroics with limited loot so people can get the last HK part and finish story arcs,it would keep the solo players far more interested in the game,and more likely to stick around after they hit endgame,rather than get bored because it isnt worth taking another character to the end because he/she can never finish the story.

Not sure how I feel about buying HK through CM and skipping all the quest chain. It is actually kind of fun and not that long at all. I just did it recently for the very first time with minimal use of internet guides. All the quests say Heroic, but it is pretty soloable now that the level cap is increased to 55 and the content difficulty did not apparently scale past 50. The only time I really did group was for the hard mode flashpoint. I used group finder and explained the situation to the group that it was my first run through of the flashpoint and that I was trying to get the HK part. They were nice and we just continued on anyway. With four 55's, the level 50 flashpoint was over pretty quick.

If we were able to buy it in the CM, that would not prevent those who want to quest for it from doing so.

There are alot of people who prefer to play swtor solo,by limiting things like HK to group quests only,it lowers sales,some will buy section x not knowing they can never get the last pieces,but once they have been hit by that once,they will be careful in the future,for instance only one story line on makeb can be completed solo, the other stories the galaxy hunting ones cant be due to the last quest in the series being a level 55 4 heroic.

people play the way they want,and the game producer should try and make the game appeal to the widest audience possible,if that means selling HK parts on the Cartel market or making a soloable versions of endgame heroics with limited loot so people can get the last HK part and finish story arcs,it would keep the solo players far more interested in the game,and more likely to stick around after they hit endgame,rather than get bored because it isnt worth taking another character to the end because he/she can never finish the story.

I play most of the time solo , only time I group is about level 10 for your first flash point , and that's until level 12 to14 when I can solo it "depends on class" unless a guildie needs help with a quest or I do . So Hk is out of the question for me . I hate doing flash points beyond the first two . So, if they added HK to the Store , i'd buy it . Fp's and Ops are not something I'll get in to .