The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fleeing companions

RisenDragon

Twice since update 2.2.1 have my companions run away during a class-specific instanced quest.

The first was during the turn in of the Smuggler final chapter 1 quest- upon using the elevator to talk to Risha, Bowdarr apparantly found the concept of facing Nok Drayen so abhorrent that he ran through the walls and as far as he could possibly go. Upon using the elevator to exit the floor, Bowdaar would re-appear as if nothing had happened. This caused me to lose out on any companion affection I might have gained during that quest phase, as Bowdaar was apparently too far away to register as an active companion.

The second time was last night- Corso Riggs' instanced companion quest called Gunfight in Gorinth Canyon. I find and enter the instance fine, and Corso even sticks with me for the most part, but when I get to the final room with the panel that I need to interact with, Corso apparently finds a barrier that I don't see and refuses to enter the room- even when I'm under attack.

Indeed, he found the fight so unsettling that he too decided to take a trip through the walls and go exploring the wilds of Balmoora while I finished the phase- causing the remainder of the quest to be disorienting as the camera would try to shift to Corso's position during the following cutscene, only to have the camera jump around as it tried to locate him on the map. I lost out on companion affection gain on that one too, as Corso was too far away.

And no, resetting the phase did not solve the problem.

EDIT:

I'm also getting slightly irritated by the automated responses to certian (almost all) bug reports. I submit a /bug report about a mission, and I get an automated response asking me to resubmit it to the mission category of the trouble ticket area. I then submit a report to the mission category of the trouble ticket area (since it is similar to the afore mentioned bug) and get an automated message to resubmit the ticket to the /bug report. Seriously?

Does a real person read these reports? If so, what prevents you from forwarding them on to the appropriate help desk representative/ developer? By the time that I've gotten the message to resend the report, it's been several hours, many quests, and possibly even a full sleep cycle between me and the event that inspired the report in the first place. My memory is good, but you're still not going to get the same detail of reporting that you would have gotten if you had asked me immediately upon the submission of the report.

Edited by RisenDragon