Let your developers take a look at this

discbox

Why not have them look at http://www.wowpedia.org/Event#Seasonal_events ?

Guild Wars isn't the only MMO that does seasonal events. But I'm not too sure that seasonal events would work in TOR. a lot of the events in WoW and Guild Wars and other games are tied to real world events. Star Wars: The Old Republic is set in the fictional Star Wars universe that has little ties to the real world.

That said, I would love it if we could lose the Gree event and come up with some different events (Or even bring the chevin event back in) that rotate on a monthly basis.

LoL I can't even remember now, what all holidays were celebrated in SWToR over the past year. I remember there being some things for Christmas-time, with the Celebrator vehicle and tinsel bomb and Life Day robes. But that was all it was right? No special missions or NPCs/venues as far as I can remember, just a few items on the Cartel Market. Edited by anonnn

I think the winning idea behind holiday events is that there are new reward items to purchase each year, and some of those items need to be exclusive for just that year's event. There should also be a few social items that are potentially expiring objects that are special glitter bombs or greeting emotes or such.

Also, special missions to go do in groups, that have puzzles that require at least 3 people would be neat. The events don't need to be a full-blown set of missions and things like in the Rakghoul event ... it can be a tiny set of missions and items (a mini-event!) and it's still completely awesome. Maybe all holiday events could share the same Commendation? So we can save up and buy our favorite holiday-event items at one point in the year. They don't have to reference real-world holiday ideas in the events, but they could put matching color themes and hints of things holiday, like a food buff or tinsel bomb or scary monster disguise, and we'll pretty much get the idea. :)

Edited by anonnn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.