In a dilemma help please

Ganiz

Hello all, let me first start off by saying I quit playing this game in April 2012 due to real life but made a come back and plan on staying. I was level 50 battle master Gunnery Commando that raided in a 8 op group that cleared all the Nightmare modes that were out during that time. EV, KP and the one with the 2 tanks I forgot that Ops name. That being said the end game for me will be about rated WZ's and Ops.

Here is my issue - I have a 30 Jedi Knight Sent (Combat) whom I enjoy playing and I made a new Commando who is 36 (Gunnery). I love playing both but I really just have that attraction to Commandos for some reason. Here's the main question. Which class is better at pvp and pve? I've been hearing Commando sucks a lot now but I also hear people just saying its bad Commandos not knowing how to manage ammo.

I ran a pretty hardcore guild in World of Warcraft we were always US top 300-400 so I'm pretty sure I'd be able to adapt to any class. I played a Holy Paladin if that has any bearing on your decisions. So like I said any advice and suggestions would be enormously helpful, don't forget I'm all about the end game pve and pvp.

Thanks for reading my post. Any feedback at all will be much appreciated.

For PvE, don't let anybody tell you that Commandos are bad.

Just take a look at the Mercenary forums for "odawgg" who took part in the US World First NiM Dread Guards kill amid the whole controversy of whether or not the fight was "mathematically possible" from a DPS standpoint.

Sure, you won't easily post as high numbers as Snipers or Sentinels, but you can definitely pull your own.

As for are Sentinel's better? That's preference... yes you'll usually do more DPS as a Sentinel, but remember that there are benefits to being Ranged in certain fights....

Unfortunately i'm not suited to talk about PvP.

Commando's are in a far better place re: PVP post 2.0 than they were before. They are quite viable as are sents (though sents aren't quite the ez-mode they were before 2.0). Only class truly suffering in pvp at the moment are vanguard/powertech.

Commando's are in a far better place re: PVP post 2.0 than they were before. They are quite viable as are sents (though sents aren't quite the ez-mode they were before 2.0). Only class truly suffering in pvp at the moment are vanguard/powertech.

powertech with aoe slow is a fkin baller