The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bug/Not Working as Intended? Engineering Sniper - Roll/Wall Bang

Jakev-

So.. There seems to be an Unintended Bug/exploit here with the engineering sniper roll. I had my friend record and Highlight it.

In this First clip, this is the easiest to do and could happen frequently in a warzone.

You get knocked back into a wall by the sniper getting rooted there.

Then the sniper sets up his Interrigation probe, Explosive probe, Plasma probe (Top Tier Talent), walks up to you does one roll which drops all his scatterbombs, EMP Discharges and rolls on you again dropping more scatterbombs. Results in basically an Insta-kill.

Wallbang:

http://www.twitch.tv/skillxx/c/2553066

In The Second Clip the sniper can Jump and Roll in place on you dropping all his scatterbombs with correct timing with about a 50/50 chance of success. (Sorry about a little mumble chatter in there :p)

Rollbang:

http://www.twitch.tv/skillxx/c/2553075

The simplest solution would seem to be to have the skill drop one bomb per every so many meters (on an 18 meter roll, once every 3.6 meters). This way they cannot all blow up on one person either in the open or against a wall, but they will still function exactly as intended.
Edited by Jakev-

Now everyone is going to roll us

WHY DID YOU SPOIL IT?

I think a better idea is to fix the jump bug, the wall thing is legit imo. Of course i know not to go up against a wall, because Ive rolled engie since 1.2 :3

The simplest solution would seem to be to have the skill drop one bomb per every so many meters (on an 18 meter roll, once every 3.6 meters). This way they cannot all blow up on one person either in the open or against a wall, but they will still function exactly as intended.

Good Solution.

Edited by Jakev-