Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP vs PvE gearing

Hellhog

So, I'm really into PvP and PvE. I know when I hit level 55, I will very much want to do both endgame stuff and ranked warzone. I've read the guide on gearing and basically said, go for full conqueror's gear and mod it appropriately so as to reach preferred stats. However with PvE, I know expertise is useless, not sure if armor set bonuses still apply for PvE though. For those of you really into both, do you have two complete clothing sets for your toon? One for PvEing and one for PvPing? Or do you just use the PvP stuff? (main reason I ask is because I don't know the stat differences yet between the best PvP mods and best PvE mods, I'm only a rank 41 at valor 35).

You will need to carry two sets of armour ideally. I used to rotate between DPS and tank specs and think have accumulated 4 sets total for my PvP and PvE needs.

Yeah flame me for this but how hard would it be to have the sets on different outfits and you equip an ou fit with all your PvP dps, PvP tank, PVE dps, or PVE tank gear with one click... yeah one click.

Think some other game *might* have a feature like that ;).

Yeah flame me for this but how hard would it be to have the sets on different outfits and you equip an ou fit with all your PvP dps, PvP tank, PVE dps, or PVE tank gear with one click... yeah one click.

Think some other game *might* have a feature like that ;).

Why would you get flamed for that it would be awesome

For flashpoints, even hardmode flashpoints, or for story-mode operations, a full set of Partisan gear is just fine, and if optimized, will outperform a lot of the junk that many people turn up wearing in Group Finder.

For hard-mode operations, you will need full 69 PVE gear, and having it fully augmented is pretty much a necessity. To get the the optimal gear for that, you'll need the Arkanian drops from Story Mode operations.

HOWEVER, there is effectively no PVP gear before 55 now, and you cannot even buy the 55 PVP set before you hit 55 -- and there's no way you're going to get full Conqueror the moment you hit 55. At best, you can get 2 of implants, relics or earpiece (and I'd recommend the Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault if you're a DPS, the Arkanian one is hard to win even if you do a lot of story-mode Operations). So, you're looking at levelling up wearing Black Hole or Campaign gear, and upgrading that at 55. (Incidentally, do NOT spend any of your Basic commendations on gear, you can buy crafted equivalent armorings/mods/enhancements for a small fraction of the Credits you can get from selling the "Vial of Stabilized Isotope-5" bought for 35 Basic Commendations).

Before 2.0, I used to PVP a fair bit, and yes, I did indeed carry 3 separate sets of gear -- usually wearing PVE tank set, and carrying PVE DPS set and PVE "dps" set.

Edited by Ancaglon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.