The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy names are not unique?

littlelobster

Hello everyone.

I always thought that our legacy names are unique, but apparently it's not. Right now I see the player with same legacy name as me, and it's make me very uncomfortable. Is that okay? Is that it should be?

Yes, its been that way since shortly after game opening.

Its a big galaxy. Just like in Real Life, you're going to run into people with the same first or last name as you, maybe even both!

I ran into my double with the same Legacy name as I. We chuckled about it and I suggested maybe we are distant relations. ;)

If it makes you "uncomfortable" (I had to chuckle at that, its a very trifling matter to be "uncomfortable" over), buy a Legacy name change and change yours, though good luck finding a unique one you are comfortable with, as the chances of the new one being unique are remote.

Edited by CaptRavenous

There were originally unique. They changed it for some reason.

When I first got my legacy over a year ago I couldn't have the name I wanted as it was taken. Now I have it, thanks to a free legacy name-change and this change in the rules. I hope that doesn't make the other person very uncomfortable. It was a long time and two servers ago though, so they may not even be around. But if they are I apologise for making them very uncomfortable.

Edited by PLynkes