The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unable to receive several missions

AlyoshaCephas

I have submitted this via /bug in game but am posting it here as well, if only for the hope that someone from outside the development QA team has a suggestion.

On 6/20/13 two mission givers on Balmorra, Lieutenant Thorpe and Cavill Arin, did not have the mission icon above their heads, did not give me a mission, and had generic (not cutscene) dialogue for me when I right clicked them (i.e., Cavill states: Can’t talk. Busy.). Knowing Balmorra fairly well I thought I remembered them giving missions so I checked Torhead, witnessed other players both enter and exit cutscenes with them and performing the missions, and made sure that the quests were available to my character (a Bounty Hunter).

These two give the missions Despair and Disguises, respectively. The other quest givers at the two hubs they reside in gave me quests without issue (though recognizing someone is not giving me a mission is all from memory so I may be forgetting others). Worried that these two might require a more specific prerequisite I made sure I had done all quests (class, planetary and side) up to that point, including heroics. Having completed that, they still offered no quest.

Since then. I leveled a Warrior character who encountered the exact same issue when arriving on Balmorra. All missions can be received and completed as normal at those hubs with the exception of those two who react in the same way as described above.

I have, of course, restarted SWTOR, reloaded UI, etc. to no avail. After this morning's new issue I also reinstalled. The Bounty Hunter remains unable to accept the Balmorra missions mentioned above.

Thanks for whatever input or suggestions anyone may have.

Edited by AlyoshaCephas

Just as an update: my new Imperial Agent - thanks double xp! - has arrived on Balmorra and is experiencing the same issue. The two quest hubs - Markaran and Gorinth Imperial Outposts - have missions to offer me, but Lieutenant Thorpe and Cavill Arin do not.