The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which spec does endgame raiders use?

oleost

Hello. Just gotten my Vanguard to 55 and trying to pump out max DPS on endgame boss fights.

Tried some different specs now, and my favorite is this tactics spec, from this thread

Also tried out the Hybrid specs from this thread

With some quick training on the dummy, I was able to get around 1700 with both spec, and with some more training on the hybrid I guess I could reach higher.

But, still it wasnt the DPS numbers I had hoped for. So if any endgame raider could share theyr spec and how they think of theyr rotation would be great

Spec currently suggested:

From Thread Hybrid DPS Vanguard Explained

Hybrid 2/22/22

Hybrid 8/22/16

From Thread DPS -Tactics Build and Rotation (2.0)

Tactics 8/36/2

Edited by oleost

For PvE I recommend http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/vanguard/24/?build=002000000000000000000000000000000223120220102210200000000000000003220300221002120200000000000000&ver=20 I saw it posted by Thoric (vang from Friendy Fire guild on my server) and loved it but remember use it only for PvE. Just love that 2/22/22 Hybrid :D Edited by Michalrajtar

If you want to max dps do the 2/22/22. It's a little harder to maintain over time as you have to be very specific about your ammo useage but overall it is better dps. I played full tactics for the first few months after our 2.0 nerf and still put up very good numbers and it is very viable but ever since i made myself switch to hybrid a couple weeks ago I'm already seeing several hundred dps improvement when I don't F up ammo useage. Once you learn how to use what and when it is better.

They roll snipers.:D

Already got a Gunslinger

If you want to max dps do the 2/22/22. It's a little harder to maintain over time as you have to be very specific about your ammo useage but overall it is better dps. I played full tactics for the first few months after our 2.0 nerf and still put up very good numbers and it is very viable but ever since i made myself switch to hybrid a couple weeks ago I'm already seeing several hundred dps improvement when I don't F up ammo useage. Once you learn how to use what and when it is better.

Thanks, yeah I noticed ammo usage on the hybrid was a *****. But what kind of numbers do you get, and are it in real fight and not just dummy?

Hahahahahaha! Oh... wow. One word for you, my friend. Tank.

Already got an Guardian and a Shadow tank, done some tanking with this one aswell but would like to DPS with it since a challenge is just fun.

I only just started messing with the hybrid and yet the numbers seem to have improved for me on more than just the dummy. But to compare I was doing about 2400 on the dummy (no stim or adrenal) in assault, switched to hybrid and gained 200-250 DPs... Even with messing up the heat a bit in the parse.

An extra addition to this I would add, on add fights this spec is most definitely stronger than tactics or assault because you are getting the aoe buffs from both trees. For example on the writhing horror I run up and (forgive me don't remember the vanguard name) flame sweep, putting my dot on the adds, then pulse cannon, then DFA. You end up withthe DOT ticking on tthe adds AND three stacks of Pulse cannon.

There might be specific fights where going Assualt or Tactics is better, but from the little I have been able to do with this I have seen quite the improvement.

If you are pulling 1700 right now on the dummy I would ask how much gear do you have? Seems like you will see more of a difference when you get more

The pair of vanguard DPS in my guild just went full tactics (previously hybrid) and actually saw good DPS increases and had more fun with it. They're in the 2200-2300 DPS range on mostly-comms-built 69 gear, so it can only go up. Curious about the difference now.

Thanks, yeah I noticed ammo usage on the hybrid was a *****. But what kind of numbers do you get, and are it in real fight and not just dummy?

I don't like dummy parses for comparisons with lack of variables. Since I've switched we've pretty much been doing nothing but 16 man nim tfb. Withering horror I'm averaging between 2500-2900 most fights and I'm still not as good as I could be with it (ie-not timing my guts and IRs correctly and some times getting ahead of myself on ammo). In tactics i'd usually be between 2300-2600. One of the key things when running hybrid is to keep gut up at all times, use IR when possible but never at expense of ammo regen, and use pulse cannon on cooldown no matter how many stacks of PG you have... and don't hurt your ammo regen just to add stacks to it.

Basically tactics is easier to maintain and do and less likely to screw up. But if you manage your abilities perfectly with hybrid you'll put out insane numbers. On the flip side if you don't manage your abilities very well it'll be awful. So it's kind of a flip.... if you can't or don't want to micro manage abilities go tactics as you will probably put out better numbers with it.

That's my opinion at least. I'm in all 72 gear except with arkanian power proc relic (which just got upgraded this week to UW) and an elite WH relic that I still need to replace because of relic nerfs a few patches ago. But not optimized on implants and a couple enhancements.