BC PVP 2.2 and Beyond Records

AntonMercer

Yes. And I was actually trying to update and was on your brother's post, this morning, but then the website went down and I had to go out. I'm in the process of fixing and update and will change what you pointed out. Thx for lookin out!

Also, even though they are not a part of the acceptable items, I will allow your screens to count this time. I may add those items when I update again, but right now they do not count. It is not hard to put in the date in the chatbox or even the current phrase. Please do any acceptable verification next time. Thx! :D

Just out of curiosity, not trying to stir the pot I'm genuinely interested, what is the purpose of validating the screenshots? I know in the past when the bolster glitches were thought to be fixed phrases and such were used to determine whether the screenshot came before or after the "fix", but given this thread and a few others like it, it seems that unfortunately we still haven't ridden ourselves of these exploits. It just seems pointless is all. The reason we didn't put the date (at least I) was because I didn't really think I had broken one, nor was I planning on submitting it. It wasn't until I reviewed the thread that I saw that I had. I figured the new mounts, as well as the leaderboard bug from the last patch would be more than sufficient to prove that these are indeed recent. I also had broken 2 records for killing blows and most kills on my sentinel, but didn't bother posting those as it was shortly before the GSF launch and leaderboard bug. I'll be sure to add the date though if you still feel it is relevant.

Ok! Everything is updated! The inconsistencies that Myrm pointed out have been fixed! If you can spare more of your precious time can you scan some of the other records for mistakes as well? Two sets are better then one! Much appreciated! :D

Also! http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24nkv9e&s=8#.Uv7EufldWa8

I honestly thought this was gonna have to go to a sudden death! You both tied for medals... then you tied for kills... at this point I was like come on.... but it went to damage and Dem actually did more damage then you so he gets #3 and you get #4.

Incidentally, I want to know our PVP community's take on the smash nerf. Was the nerf bat too hard on it? Should they change it a bit? Or is it completely justified?

I'll let you know if I see any mistakes though those were the only 2 I had caught from the 8v8 unranked so far.

Might I make a suggestion on this though? Given that not all classes can do high dmg, or heals, etc. in addition to medals, wouldn't it be better to have the tie breaker be decided on objective points? It's something that everyone regardless of spec/class would be able to participate fully in. That would make myrm take the above me. Just my 2 cents.

As far as the smash nerf, that was actually something I had been suggesting for a long time. I don't feel its too hard at all, it will still be a decent single target dps spec, with the potential for moderate group suppression as well if they add crit, which is going to be necessary for them after the patch. That was the only spec that could go pure power/surge and not have to worry about minimal crit rating. Whats interesting is that marauders at least have carnage to fall back on, which was already superior in the hands of a good player. Veng is getting quite a nerf to survivability with focused defense being placed on a 3 minute cooldown. The perks in the veng tree made it function similar to cloak of pain with its decent dmg reduction, on a relatively small cooldown. (45s).

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfectly justifiable, and definitely a game changer. It's been too long, where Rage was just a spec anyone could run, no matter the skill level.

Now that it's actually going to take some real competence to run effectively, the game is going to be changing for the better by forcing a good amount of people to diversify. Even if the main problem is the overwhelming amount of people playing DPS classes that actually require skill in certain areas (IE, most bads run Sorc DPS on BC, and don't kite/run from melee).

Either way, glad to see they have finally taken out the easy mode spec. With buffs to Sorc healing and the Operative roll nerf as well as the killing of "lolprobe" from the Operative healer whenever a friendly is below 30%, it'll be interesting to see how the WZs are going to change.

Buffs to Sorc healing? I think you overestimate the effect of the extra 30% pushback resistance on innervate. We already get 70%. The change to polarity shift is more useful; we might actually be able to cast WW now.

The fact of the matter is our 22nd through 35th points in the corruption tree (between Innervate and Revivification) are nearly all useless filler. Only about 6 have any real importance for PVP; in PVE you can kinda nudge that up to 8 or so. While it's OK to have a little filler in a talent tree, 50+% filler in the top half is just too much, it dilutes the spec, and that's just begging for hybrids. Bioware has long been reluctant to improve the top half of our tree to make it actually desirable for some reason--this is why it was so easy for me to go back to bubblestun after arenas came out (in solo queue especially, I need the CC as full corruption is simply too weak in CC to justify its squishiness). Such a large portion of our pure heal tree is just...empty. Realistically it could all be replaced with overload improvement talents, Unnatural Preservation, Consumption, and self-Static Barrier off GCD talents, CC talents (for PVP), utility talents, maybe even DR (though I would rather have active abilities that require skill than passive DR).

I've made sure to point that out to the devs, including in yesterday's SWTOR twitch stream, along with the fact that 2.7 as currently planned is a MASSIVE buff to all sorc hybrids, in the hopes of getting the top tiers of full corruption more thoroughly looked at.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Name: Myrmedon

Screenshot Link: http://i57.tinypic.com/2el5xe8.jpg

Record Broken: Highest Overall Protection #4

Value: 562,360

Type of Match: Unranked 8v8

Date of SS taken: 2/15/14

Its a shame dying from the blast shows up on the scoreboard.

Incidentally, I want to know our PVP community's take on the smash nerf. Was the nerf bat too hard on it? Should they change it a bit? Or is it completely justified?

It is justified but I also think they swung alittle too hard. It sorta resembles what Ops got around patch 1.1. They were essentially god mode then became flies. Smash needed to be toned down significantly. My thoughts were simply taking away the singularity buff the secondary targets get hit by and force users to target someone while smashing. ATM the single target burst smash gives is still high. You can burst someone for 7-10k every 9 seconds. With dispatch and force scream also giving added damage. The funny thing is the focus tree completely revolves around smash so by limiting what it can do they essentially made that side of the tree almost useless.

Why go smash when vigilance gives better survivability (for guardians) or combat (for sentinels). The focused defense nerf kinda hurts vigilance but overall it still has better survivability yet can still burst targets just as fast as smash.

At the end of the day this move changes the dynamics of warzones drastically. We shall see which spec becomes the FOTM and what comps will dominate PVP.

Regarding the smash nerf, I think it was a little too big of a nerf. I mean, maybe make it only hit like, 2 people, like, what.

I think it will hurt the ranked 4v4 community, because it's going to completely wreck cleave comps. Like Sentinel/Commando won't be really viable any more, **** like that.

Most guardians/Sentinels will go their respective middle tree, because you can global someone really fast if you set up a nice CC chain, so there are ways around it.

Overall, yeah, they wint a bit far, will it completely destroy the spec, probably, are there ways around it at the current state of the middle tree's, yes. People are just going to have to put on the big boy pants and try and learn a new spec. combat5lyfe

I honestly think what they did to smash is perfect. They didn't limit the single target, and they can still do AoE, just not the stat padding AoE and hitting everyone for 10k, that's how they wanted it since the beginning. Yes everything revolves arounds smash, but they didn't do anything to it, just taking away the extra damage to anyone other than your target. Which is what made the spec op. Kinda ready for people to try new specs, will be intresting.

Personally I think it should still require a primary target but have it act like a debuff say for instance like wither 'Hits 5 people within 8m and lasts 10s' (Just pulling number outta my *** fyi). That way people have time to react and get out of the 'smash zone'. That would raise the skill cap enough to filter out a good percentage of the bad smashers. That's just my thoughts however

Name: Bâstett (Mad Cuz Bad)

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/PUYAOxa.jpg

Record Broken: Total healing #2

Value: 2,536,685

Type of Match: Unranked 8v8

Date of SS taken: 2/16/2014

Forgot to put a date in the sc so maybe someone can vouch for it :p. And she can't log in because website is stupid so I'm posting it for her.

Edited by Rynis

Just out of curiosity, not trying to stir the pot I'm genuinely interested, what is the purpose of validating the screenshots? I know in the past when the bolster glitches were thought to be fixed phrases and such were used to determine whether the screenshot came before or after the "fix", but given this thread and a few others like it, it seems that unfortunately we still haven't ridden ourselves of these exploits. It just seems pointless is all. The reason we didn't put the date (at least I) was because I didn't really think I had broken one, nor was I planning on submitting it. It wasn't until I reviewed the thread that I saw that I had. I figured the new mounts, as well as the leaderboard bug from the last patch would be more than sufficient to prove that these are indeed recent. I also had broken 2 records for killing blows and most kills on my sentinel, but didn't bother posting those as it was shortly before the GSF launch and leaderboard bug. I'll be sure to add the date though if you still feel it is relevant.

The main reason is so that in case something does get broken we have a reference and a time frame as to why a person's damage was so high or damage taken or heals so high, etc. Right now though even with the borked stuff everything is kinda of even with no spikes. Also the borked leader board is proof enough for any screens shot going forward as that is kinda hard to dispute. If/when it get's fixed or a new cartel pack comes out (probably be the pack before the fix) it will no longer be valid. A date, phrase, and/or items also prevents double or very old screenshot usage.

Might I make a suggestion on this though? Given that not all classes can do high dmg, or heals, etc. in addition to medals, wouldn't it be better to have the tie breaker be decided on objective points? It's something that everyone regardless of spec/class would be able to participate fully in. That would make myrm take the above me. Just my 2 cents.

I may very well add this as an if/or to when a healer/dps tie, as you are correct a healer would not be able to out damage a dps and vice verse damage vs heals. But in that particular case the record was for medals and that of course cannot be used in the tie-breaker. But in the case of TANK/DPS v TANK/DPS or HEAL v HEAL, damage or heals would take priority over medals/obj. pts.

Screenshot Link: http://i61.tinypic.com/2qk70ao.jpg

Record Broken: Highest Overall DPS #4

Value: 793,075

Type of Match: Unranked 4v4

Date of SS taken: 2/18/14

Name: Ehhrage

Record Broken: Highest Overall Protection #1

Value: 1,568,213

Record Broken: Highest Overall Protection #4

Value: 541,361

Record Broken: Most Medals #1

Value: 17

(This was cut off for some reason on the scoreboard but you can see the value on my character right under the Round Two tab.)

Also WTB competent imperial DPS...

EDIT:

Name: Chicha

Record Broken: Highest Healing Overall #1

Value: 1,803,327

Edited by J_Fred

Name: Ehhrage

Screenshot Link: http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/6915687/pics/original/2477774.jpg

Record Broken: Highest Overall Protection #1

Value: 1,568,213

Date of SS taken: 2/17/14

i realize J_Fred posted this right before me but his/her picture doesnt include the date so if needed here is one with the date.

(woot my first ever forum post! And thanks to everyone in that arena :))

Edited by OhhRage

we DO NOT consider using the lower level mods an exploit.

-tw

Full post can be seen here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7219082#post7219082

Edited by Turretboy

Do note that we are aware of an issue regarding Main Hand and Off-Hand gear when it comes to Expertise crystals vs. stat crystals, and are working on a solution.

Should have read the full post.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Should have read the full post.

I believe theres only one dev post in the thread I linked about 45s which is about the thread you linked in the post I quoted. So maybe take your own advice and read thanks.

So r00d Ramikade still upset I called you bad isn't time you moved on buddy or at the very least l2p?

or should it be the other way around ... l2p or at the very least move on buddy? xox.

Edited by Turretboy

I believe theres only one dev post in the thread I linked about 45s which is about the thread you linked in the post I quoted. So maybe take your own advice and read thanks.

So r00d Ramikade still upset I called you bad isn't time you moved on buddy or at the very least l2p.

or should it be the other way around ... l2p or at the very least move on buddy? xox.

That's a lot of salt over one sentence.

Call me bad teuty, in fact call me big papa. I love it when you call me big papa.

Edited by Bellumpvp

That's a lot of salt over one sentence.

Call me bad teuty, in fact call me big papa. I love it when you call me big papa.

#wowrood

edit: wont flame you anymore out of respect to OP and his great thread. Your tears will have to wait for another thread.

Edited by Turretboy

So r00d Ramikade still upset I called you bad isn't time you moved on buddy or at the very least l2p?

You poor thing. :( I realize you only went through "kinder garden" instead of kindergarten, so i'll take your hand and walk you through this. (Maybe you should correct the spelling before more people get to see it.)

1. Click the link you so graciously provided in your original post regarding the matter.

2. Read the contents of that post, including the link to the FULL post provided by the nice bioware employee.

3. Read the FULL post.

4. Acknowledge that the blue mods were not the only issues found with respect to bolstering exploits. I've provided a snippet of the post again for your viewing pleasure, and also edited it for easy reading.

Do note that we are aware of an issue regarding Main Hand and Off-Hand gear when it comes to Expertise crystals vs. stat crystals, and are working on a solution. I don’t currently have an ETA for you, but will update you as I know more.

-tw

With any luck, you've come to the understanding that the blue mod exploit was not the only issue being raised.

Now (and this is going to blow your mind here so stay with me) Bioware is going back on their statement regarding blue mods. They have found that it is in fact superior to obroan gear. Here's the detailed post.

I hope I've helped clear up any confusion you've had over this debate. If you have any further questions feel free to create a topic, or send me a private message and I'd be happy to help again in any way I can. :) Now lets get back to posting records, shall we? ;)

You poor thing. :( I realize you only went through "kinder garden" instead of kindergarten, so i'll take your hand and walk you through this. (Maybe you should correct the spelling before more people get to see it.)

1. Click the link you so graciously provided in your original post regarding the matter.

2. Read the contents of that post, including the link to the FULL post provided by the nice bioware employee.

3. Read the FULL post.

4. Acknowledge that the blue mods were not the only issues found with respect to bolstering exploits. I've provided a snippet of the post again for your viewing pleasure, and also edited it for easy reading.

With any luck, you've come to the understanding that the blue mod exploit was not the only issue being raised.

Now (and this is going to blow your mind here so stay with me) Bioware is going back on their statement regarding blue mods. They have found that it is in fact superior to obroan gear. Here's the detailed post.

I hope I've helped clear up any confusion you've had over this debate. If you have any further questions feel free to create a topic, or send me a private message and I'd be happy to help again in any way I can. :) Now lets get back to posting records, shall we? ;)

lol you fail to understand all I was talking about is blue 45s hence the low level mod quote not stuff from another thread!! such wow much amazing

Edited by Turretboy

lol you fail to understand all I was talking about is blue 45s hence the low level mod quote not stuff from another thread!! such wow much amazing

Read his post again. And you will find a post from bioware stating those blue 45s are indeed not working by design.

Catch up Starsky.

Name: Zythøn - <Tactical Ganking Solutions>

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/3bwaDFH.jpg

Record Broken: Highest deeps #5

Value: 695,709

Type of Match: 4v4 Ranked

Date of SS taken: 2/22/2014

Name: Drïzzt <Deadly Obsession>

Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/3bwaDFH.jpg

Record Broken: Highest Healing #5

Value: 1,386,559

Type of Match: Ranked 4v4

Date of SS taken: 2/22/2014

NOTE: Please remember that I do not live in 'murica. I live 12 hours ahead of Server Time.

NOTE #2: I kindly request all records by my Imperial toons (Cavy and Càvy) Guilds be changed to <Tactical Ganking Solutions> and that it is added onto the Guild Directory.

Fun matches Knin and gang if you're reading this. We should do it again some time ^.^