The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

24/22 Hybrid PVP build feedback

Hello fellow Vanguards

I would like some feedback on a build I am considering. Unfortunately I cannot test this out yet as I am no where near 50-55 but I'd like to explain my thought process behind the build and get some constructive criticism on why or why not it wont work or how it could be tweaked.

I figure this build will focus on using stockstrike, HIB, and explosive surge often so I took most of the talents that buffed the damage while also taking talents that proc'ed free or damage increases to those abilities.

Static Shield for example increases the crit chance of explosive surge and stockstrike by 8% but also has a 50% chance to finish the CD of stockstrike when shielding an attack.

Static Surge increases damage of explosive surge by 12% and storm grants 2 charges of static surge which makes the next explosive surge free.

Focused Impact is a given to increase penetration for HIB

Battering Ram gives Ion pulse a 30% chance to make the next stock strike free

And I also took the talents that increase the damage to Gut so I could reach the tier and take pulse generator.

I also felt the build allowed for quite a lot of utility/mobility.

I can slow targets with Ion Cell

Apply a DOT with Gut

Took the talents that reduce to CD of Pulse Cannon and Harpoon

Riot Gas is a pretty effective tool to have

I am also able to get storm with this build.

So what do you guys think? Will this build be effective? Is it worth forgoing some of the top tier talents to increase damage output while keeping the damage reduction and mitigation of running Ion cell and shield?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hRGrzoroMZrsMrobRM.3

Edited by AngryPubStar

I run it, in Tank gear/Shield, as my friend runs in Full Tactics. We can take down tons of people, as this build has enough survivability to keep us up, while it allows you to take down enemies with it's AoE power. I also like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hRrrzorRrdZrsMro0o.3 for a bit more survivability and less burst AoE, but more sustained.