The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Name That Form

tunewalker

I thought I would have fun with a new idea I had applying our knowledge of the lightsaber forms to other combat and what it most resembles so here is the first one of this the forms are as follows

Form 1 Shii-cho

Form 2 Makashi

Form 3 Soresu

Form 4 Ataru

Form 5 Djem So/ Shien

Form 6 Niman

Form 7 Juyo

in our first examination we look at a character known as Dart he has 7 attacks Which principles of which forms do you believe he is using in each of them and what form do you think would be his overall used one based off his movements.

I am going to take my guesses here first of course this is pure opinion and I am interested in hearing what you guys see.

Double Slash: Shii-cho a basic attack and a basic form it doesn't seem to do much to show as any other form rather then just the standards of sword fighting

Volcano: Djem So Multiple down strikes with two hands on the blade and the final strike ending in a guarded stance

Burning Rush: Juyo the kick thrown in causes a bit more a random and unexpected feel into the fight.

Crush Dance: Ataru Many X-axis spins in this one showing some basic movement styles of ataru.

Madness Hero: Juyo Many random slashes and incredibly aggressive fast short strikes

Moon Strike: Shien/Djem So he continues to hammer his opponent with heavy downward strikes and ends with a reverse blade downward stab indicitative of Shien reverse style.

Blazing Dynamo: Djem So with some elements of ataru this one is hardest to pin down but again we see him hammering mostly vertical attacks up and down strikes but adding in both and X-axis spin attack and a Y-Axis spin acrobatic move is indicative of some ataru elements.

Overall: Djem So many 2-handed heavy vertical strikes on an opponent through out most of his attacks.

So what did you guys see in there if Dart was a Saber user what form would he be using?

I'd say overall he was using Ataru, the offensive was never broken, broad, kinetic strikes, two-handed grip, and a few kicks thrown in their. Of course he was using the strength orientated version rather than the acrobatic variant.

I'd compare him with a Qui-Gon Jinn.

I'd say overall he was using Ataru, the offensive was never broken, broad, kinetic strikes, two-handed grip, and a few kicks thrown in their. Of course he was using the strength orientated version rather than the acrobatic variant.

I'd compare him with a Qui-Gon Jinn.

That's not a bad comparison and he does have several attacks that he spins on one of the three axis' honestly I was leaning it for a while do to a couple of them seeming very reminiscent of it and see the style you are talking about good analysis.

Well going to link one more Video since I don't think any one cares about this probably going to be the last video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2wEj2lvplY

What form is the younger person and what form is the older person using? based on this fight.

I'd say both are using Makashi, the older one far more clearly by the way he favors a single-handed grip coupled with the elegant cuts and ripostes. The younger one also seems to be using Makashi, choosing to redirect the weight of his opponents attacks rather than take them head on.

However at 0.43 the older one seems to change form to include some Djem So variants with lots of broad power strikes, however their are still some elements of Makashi in their in the way he executes the attacks.

I'd compare the older one with Vader and the younger one... some rookie. :D

I'd say both are using Makashi, the older one far more clearly by the way he favors a single-handed grip coupled with the elegant cuts and ripostes. The younger one also seems to be using Makashi, choosing to redirect the weight of his opponents attacks rather than take them head on.

However at 0.43 the older one seems to change form to include some Djem So variants with lots of broad power strikes, however their are still some elements of Makashi in their in the way he executes the attacks.

I'd compare the older one with Vader and the younger one... some rookie. :D

lol I will say the younger one isn't supposed to be a rookie by this point but he is currently fighting the supposed greatest swordsmaster in that universe so he will look like a rookie lol I have my own opinion on the younger one's form and will share that later but I do share about the same belief as you for the older one.

If people become more interested in this I have a very large list of characters I was going to do this for but as is I think this may be my last one on this.