The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0 PvE Tanking - Def, Abs, Shield Percentages?

Dawginole

From what I'm experiencing it seems like Shield Chance and Shield Absorption are more important post 2.0. That being said, I'm wondering how much Defense Chance you are finding adequate after 2.0? I've heard it suggested that 20% is a good place to be and to stack shield and absorption after that.

Thoughts?

From what I'm experiencing it seems like Shield Chance and Shield Absorption are more important post 2.0. That being said, I'm wondering how much Defense Chance you are finding adequate after 2.0? I've heard it suggested that 20% is a good place to be and to stack shield and absorption after that.

Thoughts?

Unlike DPS stats, tank stats will never be optimized by the "dump points into x until <threshold>, then dump points into y" approach. This includes both % and rating; you can't just get defense to 20% or 750 points and then stop worrying about it. If you want to optimize your stat distribution for SNV HM, use keyboardninja's thread. It covers plausible current gear and uses relevant boss damage models.

For a basic break down

20% def.

shield and abs -- as close to equal (each other) as you can might be 40% might be higher. Depends on your gear and augs.

If you are looking for more detailed info read the above post. I'm just playing it simple.

Good luck