An idea on how to make the 'non customizable' races playable. Rodians, Selinians, etc

ohfortheloveof

Anyone who knows me knows I love Selonians. I think they're the coolest thing to ever come out of Star Wars. Their looks, their culture, everything about them is just awesome. So I've been thinking for a while, how could they be implemented into the game? How could they, along with the other non-customizable races, the ones with maybe only different skin colors be playable?

The answer? Costumes. The models are already in the game. That much we know. Perhaps on the cartel market or in a cartel pack there could be a chestpiece, head slot or some item that changes your character's look into the NPC model for these 'non-playable' species. It overrides the whole look, replaces you and all your armor visually with that generic model. I know I'd pay 50 dollars, maybe more to be able to play as a Selonian (but I'm a tad obsessed).

Seeing as they pretty much use the standard weapons anyway, I doubt new animations would be needed. In cut-scenes, the costumes could either auto-disable or not move their mouths, that way no extra lip-synch is needed. Seeing as the models are already in the game, I can imagine that a very large amount of money can be made with very little effort on Bioware's part.

Edited by ohfortheloveof

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.