The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Kaggath Returns!

I concur with Tunewalker, but it doesn't have to be victor of 1st vs 2nd, it could be 1v3 or 1v4, surprise is necessary now we all know each others forces.

I was thinking do away with the standard tournament format and go for something even mor random.

Probably wouldn't work, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as a discussion is already happening on this thread, I may as well put something on the table.

What would you like to see in the Semi-Finals? In the last tournament we had tri-battles but unfortunately we don't have enough factions to make that work. Any other suggestions on how it could be made different?

Seeing as a discussion is already happening on this thread, I may as well put something on the table.

What would you like to see in the Semi-Finals? In the last tournament we had tri-battles but unfortunately we don't have enough factions to make that work. Any other suggestions on how it could be made different?

the tri-battles might work as an after game special, but I doubt those would work either just think what would happen if you had 2 villain and 1 hero team in a three way match or vice versa, I don't know that much needs to be changed format wise there is plenty to argue with just the different factions as is.

We have eight factions, right? And four going on to the semi-finals?

Make it be 2v2. Have the factions team up for the semis round, that way one team wins and then splits to become the finalists. Not sure how you would balance teams though.

actually this sounds great, but what about the losers bracket.... do the same thing?

I was thinking four-way battles (two round 1 winners and two round 1 losers), but that sounds really complex.

Would be good practice for Rayla's galaxy conquest, though.

We have eight factions, right? And four going on to the semi-finals?

Make it be 2v2. Have the factions team up for the semis round, that way one team wins and then splits to become the finalists. Not sure how you would balance teams though.

I like that idea. Just have to match the leaders up right, I think.

The only issue I see with this is..... my faction so far seems to be the only "good guy" losers so if I get teamed its like ok 2 villians vs good guy and villain...... yaaaaaaa I am so not getting stabbed in that back right.......... right....:(

Maybe take a spin off my idea. 2v2 with one loser and one winner on a team. That increases the possibility of you being on my team.

Maybe take a spin off my idea. 2v2 with one loser and one winner on a team. That increases the possibility of you being on my team.

and that would be bad *** :) I actually like that idea much better.

Edit: also the overall leader could be the leader of the winner faction after all they won so the "loser faction" is giving them their support kind of thing that would be kind of cool.

Edited by tunewalker

honestly though I feel 1v1 should be the primary way the tournament stays and we can do a special with the 2v2 idea after wards to me it just seems some of us would really like a chance to argue 1v1 again I know I would with my faction just to clear up all of the mistakes I made and misrepresentations so another 1v1 for me would be wonderful.

I'm in the process of totting up the scores, but I don't intend to rush or cut corners, it will be ready when its ready. Consider this a cooling off period.

Heh, I'll link it to you anyway...

Note: Only funny if you've watched The Dark Knight Rises.

heres the republic and sith empire

Empire:

-leadership

main leader: sith emperor

2nd in command: dark counscil

allies: mandalornian enclave**, Chiss ascendancy

supplier: Czerka corporation*

-major planets

capital: Dromund Kaas

supply base: Balmorra

military/fortress: vaiken spacedock

shipyard: sun razor

shipyard: sovereign forge

-military force

major ground force:imperial army

minor ground force:sith order

naval force: imperial fleet

Republic:

-leadership

main leader: chancellor saresh

2nd in command: Republic senate

allies: Rift alliance, smugglers

supplier: Czerka corporation*

-major planets

capital: Coruscant

supply base: Corellia

military/fortress: carrik station

shipyard: CEC shipyards

shipyard: kuat drive yards

-military force

Major ground force:republic army

minor ground force: jedi order

naval force: republic fleet

*Czerka, being a galaxy-wide corporation, sees war as an opportunity so naturally it supplies both sides

**some mandalornian clans dont like the empire (ex: clan varad) however, its aggreement with the empire remains unbroken

Edited by BacaWicket