The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quests not updating when using alternative travel methods

Mugen_no_Jidai

This happened to me a few times while questing this weekend. I assume most of the (story) quests were originally designed around traveling to places solely by your ship, though there are now a number of legacy/quick travel options that these should be updated to account for.

For instance, for class quests, you often have to return to your capital world. However, if you travel by the legacy unlock, the quest won't update, and is still stuck on "Travel to Coruscant/Dromund Kass," rather than "Talk to ____________." The same goes with traveling via the new terminal outside of our ship instances on fleet that takes players to the daily areas. I was doing First Strike (Ilum questline) yesterday and used a terminal, only for the quest not to update (I believe I picked up the Black Hole questline on another toon weeks back only for the same thing to happen).

I had to reload back to my ship, fly to another planet, fly back to Ilum, then load off of my ship, before the quest would update (same with all the other areas). This ever so slightly defeats the purpose of legacy unlocks and quick/direct travel options. A minor bug, but a rather annoying one, as our ships aren't the only way to go to many planets anymore.