Adventages and disadventages of PT DPS trees

Varranto

Hi guys !

I'm a bit tired of my Jugg, Shadow and Vanguard tanks, and I want to have some fun with BT DPS :rolleyes: . So, can you write down below adventages and disadventages of the advance prototype and pyrotech and their tactics ? I'm looking forward to see Your opinion amd ideas ;) .

Advanced Prototype:

Pros

- longer duration on Hydraulic Overrides so you can laugh at slows, roots, and knockbacks

-good snare on retractable blade (6 seconds, 50% movement, spammable)

-immolate has a cool animation

-energy shield (defensive cooldown) will have effectively a shorter cooldown

-MOAR rockets on shoulder cannon for a situational bit of burst

-strong AoE with the flamethrower with 3 stacks of Prototype Flamethrower + a 70% slow

-you take less damage from AoE attacks and less damage while stunned (which is most of the time if you pvp)

-shorter cooldown on grapple (gap closer)

-very heat efficient

- it seems to parse higher on a dummy for PvEers

Cons

-not very bursty, especially without shoulder canon

-relies a bit more on melee range than pyro

-if you get stunned during your flamethrower, or your opponent moves away with a speed boost, you just lost your opportunity at casting your hardest hitting attack

-if you pve, there are some accusations that the spec can get boring because if you do the rotation flame burst x2 > retractable blade > immolate > rocket punch > rail shot > flame thrower repeat, you have pretty close to a heat neutral rotation that never really changes

-the free rocket punch proc has no sound or animation associated with it

-cooldowns on immolate and rail shot might be a little long for some people

-you might be subject to some ridicule if you play it. this is because pre 2.0 pyro was so much better than AP for everythin except AoE damage. As such, there is a segment of the dps powertech community that raised their characters only as pyros, and quite frankly refuse to accept the anything else.

I can't comment too much on Pyro because I don't play it.

I guess I don't see what the issue with AP is, I think its a fine DPS class, at least in PVP (I don't do much PVE)...who knows. Maybe I have better mods than 99% of everyone in my WZ's but I doubt it, but since I hit 50 I have lost out as tops in total damage only once running around as AP, and let me tell you I am no "pvp god" I'm not popping adrenals, I rarely remember to use my CD's, and I don't have a pocket healer or anything like that, it's just knowing and understanding the class I think. Just think of your retractable blade DOT as herpes, and think how much better a WZ would be if everyone had herpes....yep....spread that stuff everywhere....

But I digress...IMO AP is pretty viable right now, (but of course I wouldn't mind a class buff) Once you learn the 5-9meter buffer zone you should rock it against those pesky Jedi, I mean that's what BH's are for right? Killing Jedi? So if you like a fun, easy class to play and you like the thought of spreading herpes everywhere AP is the way to go for sure. (Like the above poster I haven't really dabbled too much in pyro so I don't know how well they play since their last nerf) Good luck and happy hunting, and queue angry mob that wants to tell me how much AP sucks.

I guess I don't see what the issue with AP is, I think its a fine DPS class, at least in PVP (I don't do much PVE)...who knows. Maybe I have better mods than 99% of everyone in my WZ's but I doubt it, but since I hit 50 I have lost out as tops in total damage only once running around as AP, and let me tell you I am no "pvp god" I'm not popping adrenals, I rarely remember to use my CD's, and I don't have a pocket healer or anything like that, it's just knowing and understanding the class I think. Just think of your retractable blade DOT as herpes, and think how much better a WZ would be if everyone had herpes....yep....spread that stuff everywhere....

But I digress...IMO AP is pretty viable right now, (but of course I wouldn't mind a class buff) Once you learn the 5-9meter buffer zone you should rock it against those pesky Jedi, I mean that's what BH's are for right? Killing Jedi? So if you like a fun, easy class to play and you like the thought of spreading herpes everywhere AP is the way to go for sure. (Like the above poster I haven't really dabbled too much in pyro so I don't know how well they play since their last nerf) Good luck and happy hunting, and queue angry mob that wants to tell me how much AP sucks.

I am seriously LOL because of the comparison of the retractable blade dot to herpes.