The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rendering issues since 2.1

Zlinth

Hi.

I have noticed some issues with the game since patch 2.1 came out with the collections added to the game.

Before this patch i never had any problems, could see any mobs, any adds on every boss fight, i was progressing with my team in S&V HM and TFB HM and never had any problem. But then 2.1 came out and i started to get this as i see it, rendering problems, i don't see any adds (we can take the first boss in Scum & Villainy HardMode as an example) when the birds goes for the shield generator, i don't see them untill i get knocked out by the boss outside of the shield and then in again, then i can see it, otherwise it takes alot of time for them to load.

I am experiencing the issue on fleet aswell with mailboxes, GTN Terminals, guild banks and cargo holds and with NPCs.

I have looked around and can see that im not the only one with this issue, my computer isn't bad it is newly bought.

Laptop.

i7 CPU

2GB Graphics Nivida

16gb ram

100/10mbit/s connection.

And i have read that people with desktops and i7 3770k, 16 rams, new graphic card got this issue.

atleast 5 in our guild got this issue some with laptops and some with desktop, and we did not have this issue before 2.1 patch.

And don't blame it on my computer, it was bought in February this year and never had any issues before patch 2.1...

What have happend?

Edited by Zlinth

One thing I can think of is delete the game cache , DiskCacheArena file and run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

Which video driver are you running ? Have you tried a clean install of say 310 series and see if it persists ?

I have heard on here others with GTN terminals issue you mention but this is a separate issue in that they have to wait for the assets to load for some reason on load in, within a few minutes they are good.

I run I7 3930K 16 Gb RAM and GTX670 video card as reference.

Edited by OwenBrooks

One thing I can think of is delete the game cache , DiskCacheArena file and run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

Which video driver are you running ? Have you tried a clean install of say 310 series and see if it persists ?

I have heard on here others with GTN terminals issue you mention but this is a separate issue in that they have to wait for the assets to load for some reason on load in, within a few minutes they are good.

I run I7 3930K 16 Gb RAM and GTX670 video card as reference.

Will try this as soon as i get home, to see if that can solve the issue.

Im running Windows 8 with no problem, and got a newly bought cooling pad that didn't help the problem, i could see that Bioware answered a simular thread about patch issues with delay in loading objects on fleet and so on, exactly whtat i got.

Please Bioware atleast investigate whats causing it..

This is a list of what i have done:

* Updated my Graphic Cards driver to the lates from Nvidias website, i have even installed Nvidia Experience (Name/spelling) one of their latest software and press "optmize game" in that program to get the most absolute settings for the game but still gets this issue.

* Have deleted Diskcachearena file and repaired the game.

* Tried putting everything on LOW/NONE (Shadowing, Anit-Aliasing etc) but didn't solve the issue.

I am running a 17,3" laptop that is supposed to handle this and it would if this graphic bug / rendering issue wouldn't appear.

I know that not everyone got this issue but i know a great deal of players got after investigating this on the forums, but noone from Bioware have even taken the time to inform that they are investigating the issue.

So the issue that occurs:

* It takes time from 30 to 60 seconds to load Mailboxes, PVP/PVE Terminals (Both taking and handing in terminals), NPCs, adds and mobs on boss fights.

Edited by Zlinth

I've seen this issue posted a few times on the forums since the recent patches. It seems the engine keeps taking steps back. The only time I notice what you are stating is on the fleet when a lot of people are around. It seems to prioritize people over objects like terminals.

However, the amount of time you are stating is a bit over the top from the others. Something might be causing you to have bigger issues with it. It generally takes my PC to load in about 3-10 seconds.

Edited by spectreclees

I've seen this issue posted a few times on the forums since the recent patches. It seems the engine keeps taking steps back. The only time I notice what you are stating is on the fleet when a lot of people are around. It seems to prioritize people over objects like terminals.

However, the amount of time you are stating is a bit over the top from the others. Something might be causing you to have bigger issues with it. It generally takes my PC to load in about 3-10 seconds.

The biggest delays i have noticed is 30-60 seconds, sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds, but mostly its around 30 seconds that i encounter this.

But before patch 2.1 everything loaded in directly, no delays or no renderings issue, so its weird -.-