The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Datacrons

Fiorana

They really need to offer an alternative route to Datacrons in this game.

I have a debilitating affliction which is a fear of heights and severe vertigo and yes I know the game is not real but my body and brain still react as if it were. My palms get sweaty and my heart pounds and my mouth goes dry just the same as if I were climbing a ladder in real life.

Game devs really need to find another way to let those of us who can't get to or have a very real problem to get the Datacrons.

I know that not all of them are in high places but the majority of them are and I find it very difficult and frustrating to get them. I would like to get the achievement with my main character but it looks like I won't be able to because some of them are just plain inaccessible to me.

Hmm, while I sympathize, I can't help but think this is something they just can't fix. I mean, there are other players who may have trouble with hand-eye coordination, or otherwise lack the ability to control their character with the precision needed to reach datacrons. (Sometimes on my 5th attempt to make a certain jump, I feel like I'm one of them.)

There are also people who, due to no fault of their own, just don't have the reflexes or skill to finish certain missions. And while that can suck for them, is there any practical way that such a game as this could be made 100% accessible to everyone? (I can only imagine what the descriptive-text version of the game for blind people would sound like.)

The unfortunate truth is that your disability may prevent you from enjoying this part of the game. Or that you may need to get creative, and team up with people who can get to the data crons and have a "pull enemy to you" power, then challenge them to a duel.

Another alternative you could suggest is for EA/BW to sell a datacron pack in the Cartel store. I'm sure they would be up for it. :D (But I'm not sure you would want to pay what they would ask for it.)