Hello, quick question.

Voxxist

Honestly, no. the best XP comes from completing quests not from killing stuff. And since FPs are mostly about killing stuff, the XP gained is not great. Add to that the fact that many players want to skip as much killing as possible to get through the instance (because all they are interested in is completing the daily quest).

That being said, if you get the flashpoint daily quest (from the supplies area of the fleet) and do at least one flashpoint per day and you will get a good amount of XP.

Edited by psandak

nothing beats building exp like fast questing during story progression if you have rested exp.

but

flashpoints might be quicker for healer who isn't stealth, and for tanks in tank gear.

but

only if group isn't stupid.

and

having daily quest gives huge chunk of total XP, so 1st flashpoint will be much more XP rewarding then second one that day.

hope that helped.

edit: specially on double exp weekends. same XP for killing, but, double for reward, and that's alot in 2x XP+25% boost if have one.

Edited by Atramar

I've leveled two tanks to 55, two healers to 55, and four damage (two range, two melee) to 55.

I can confirm with certainty that you get much faster XP just doing missions (regardless of role), especially when the group finder is landing you in Flashpoints like Collicoid, which doesn't even have much to kill. Even though the XP from a flashpoint will likely surpass what you get from a sidemission, it takes a lot longer to do. The fastest I've managed to level is to just grab the storyline/class/side missions in each area, and bang them out. I skip Heroics, simply because they aren't worth the time investment for the XP.

Note that I still do a daily groupfinder for the planetary comms (and to keep my grouping skills sharp).

While a tank or healer might not clear bad guys as fast as a damage role, you have essentially no downtime, so any difference is pretty negligible. Only issue I had leveling my last alt (healer) was boredom because it was so thoughtless. I would occasionally use a damage companion just to liven things up. :p I could keep my tank pet healed through anything but an elite by just dropping my AE heal on the ground. For an elite, toss my HOTs on and resume DPSing.

Edited by Eugee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.