The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help Vanguard DPS

toca

Hi guys, after a one year break I decided to return playing SWTOR and resume my old Vanguard character.

I read on the forum that our class have been nerfed pretty badly, during this time, and I really need some advice for a decent DPS spec and a good rotation since i almost don't remember anything of the game mechanics.

Thanks a lot

Trautman

Hi guys, after a one year break I decided to return playing SWTOR and resume my old Vanguard character.

I read on the forum that our class have been nerfed pretty badly, during this time, and I really need some advice for a decent DPS spec and a good rotation since i almost don't remember anything of the game mechanics.

Thanks a lot

Trautman

Roll a sniper

Roll a sniper

Well i understand that gunslinger is the best dps class of the game but it is completely static, i really love my vanguard and would like to keep playing it.

I just want to know which are the best spec and rotation for a dps vanguard.

thanks

Well i understand that gunslinger is the best dps class of the game but it is completely static, i really love my vanguard and would like to keep playing it.

I just want to know which are the best spec and rotation for a dps vanguard.

thanks

Either go full tactics or hybrid. Can change some points around for preference such as the two points in hybrid shield tree but those are the basic specs for pve dps now. Hybrid parses a little better on dummy but tactics is easier ammo and rotation wise and a little more durable.

Mate I am playing Vanguard since beta both DPS and Tank and have few words to say :) Dont listen to the most of crowd Vanguard is still great. I am dps in our guild progressing gruop doing TFB HM and SaV HM and preparing for TFB Nim. I play Assault spec, Tactic spec and Hybrid. Even good old assault is good for raiding. We have great DPS on those opses and we even have sometimes too big DPS :D and all 4 DPS have equal scores. We were nerfed a bit but only in PvP. And we can still perform great at it we just must adapt :) Edited by Michalrajtar

Thanks all for your replies, i'm going to try the 2/22/22 spec but i was thinking if putting only 2 points in the steely resolve talent isn't a mistake, i'll lose a 3% aim bonus that i could really use..

Thanks all for your replies, i'm going to try the 2/22/22 spec but i was thinking if putting only 2 points in the steely resolve talent isn't a mistake, i'll lose a 3% aim bonus that i could really use..

Don't really have a choice as the only place you're going to get a point from is pulse generator which makes only half of your ion pulse attacks work for stacks in an already ammo heavy spec or from assault trooper losing 15% crit damage from most of your main abilities.