Do you think Begeren will have a big pop decrease?

Nickious

I would hate for their to be a dramatic decrease in the population Begeren Colony. I like how consistently higher the population is compared to the other servers and would hate to lose that.

That said, do you guys really think that many people are going to be paying for those paid transfers? I mean 1800 CC is alot money shovel out for a transfer, unless of course you were saving your CC from the monthly stipend.

I would expect a slight decline in the regular PVPer population (10%), but that's a minority of a minority. Otherwise, transfers are fairly expensive. I would expect outgoing transfers to be offset by incoming transfers.

That said, I don't think Begeren Colony does have higher population than other servers. "Heavy," "Standard," "Light," etc. population loads appear to measure population against server resources, and different servers can handle different loads. Begeren Colony is "very heavy" with two instances of fleet when other servers might be "heavy" with four or five instances of fleet.

A big population decrease? Probably not. After a year and a half most people are rather committed to their servers.

There will be departures among the more "hardcore" PvP players as they go to PvP servers. Given that it has always been a relatively small community that has been let down by PvP on BC it will likely not have a massive impact in terms of population.

Most other reasons for players leaving this server are just as likely to bring new players our server.

So yeah I doubt the sky will be falling anytime soon.

That said, I don't think Begeren Colony does have higher population than other servers. "Heavy," "Standard," "Light," etc. population loads appear to measure population against server resources, and different servers can handle different loads. Begeren Colony is "very heavy" with two instances of fleet when other servers might be "heavy" with four or five instances of fleet.

Well thats a bit misleading. I suppose there are no solid numbers for any of the server population?

Regardless, I probably wouldn't be trucking over to another server anytime soon. I like being able to support future characters and I don't really feel like paying that fee.

Edited by Nickious

Well thats a bit misleading. I suppose there are no solid numbers for any of the server population?

Regardless, I probably wouldn't be trucking over to another server anytime soon. I like being able to support future characters and I don't really feel like paying that fee.

Yea I'd like to know what the numbers are too because Jung Ma's "standard" seems it'd be better off saying "VERY Light" instead. =p

I agree with Valya's post completely though. A minority of a minority is departing and then there's other players looking to transfer in. Although overall I expect us to stay about the same I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a small increase rather than decrease. Hmmm... *ponders further and puffs on bubble pipe*