Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Want to upgrade hardware

Forrasis

Hi all,

I'm thinking about little upgrade. Now I have Intel I5-2500 + Zotac GTX 550-TI, I want to replace my 550-ti with ASUS GTX 660-TI or Sapphire Radeon HD 7950.

I have a question for owners of these cards, do you have any problems like a fps drops on max settings, or artifacts, or any other issues?

Edited by Forrasis

Hi all,

I'm thinking about little upgrade. Now I have Intel I5-2500 + Zotac GTX 550-TI, I want to replace my 550-ti with ASUS GTX 660-TI or Sapphire Radeon HD 7950.

I have a question for owners of these cards, do you have any problems like a fps drops on max settings, or artifacts, or any other issues?

A 7970 handles 2560x1440 for me with out zero issues. A 7950 @ 1080P or below would be excellent.

Hi all,

You shouldn't have a problem with a 7950. I have a 7970, but I had a 7950 and from all the research I did it would handle swtor with no problem at a resoluton of 1080 or less. You really only need the 7970 for higher resolutions or if you play a game that is heavy gpu, but swtor isn't very heavy on gpu like most other mmorpgs. Thus, a 7950 should handle swtor without a problem.

I was force to buy 7970 after the water cool gpu blockt did not match the electronic schematic for the 7950, which at time from msi had two stock, one with the 7950 and other with the 7970 schematic. Unfortnatly, I recieved a 7950 schematic version, which didn't match my water block and acquiring a new water block would nearly as much as uprgrading to a 7970.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.