The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

One-Time Password Continuous?

JessTheDemon

Hello guys, don't normally post in these things, but i am getting desperate.

Ever since you were no longer able to log in with your email, and instead had to use your display name i have had trouble logging into the launcher. Not because of the display name change, but the 'one-time password'. Ever since then i have been asked to log into my connected email and provide the 'one-time' password. EVERYTIME. After months of putting up with this, it's getting tedious and very irritating. When am i going to use my secret questions again? What's the point of them if i don't use them?

Another thing, when i log into the launcher, provide my display name and password everything is fine, the next page is the 'one-time password' thing again. I log onto my email... And wait. Nothing, for hours. What is the point of a one-time password if you don't send me it!!!!! I tried changing my password, by clicking 'forgot password' button on the launcher, sent me straight to the swtor.com site where i changed my password, then, received an email within 30 seconds to change my password. So it isn't my email bugging. Please, if you must make me use this stupid one-time password every single log in. At least send me the damn thing!

Asi - GM - Dark Assassinations (Harbinger)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe once you set up a security key you won't have to enter a one-time password anymore. You will just have to enter your password and security key. Not nearly as annoying as waiting for a "one-time" password.

Plus you will get free 100 Cartel Coins just for setting up a security key.

I posted my experienced under another forum area, but I'll copy it here for your information.

I had the same problem, but could not even get the one-time passwords for logging into the web site. I called customer service (15-minute wait on a weekday morning, US), and they can provide you with a one-time password to get into the web site. Then if you're a paid subscriber you can download the security key phone app and set it up on your account. If you're a free-to-play user, you'll need to spend the $5 (plus shipping) to get the physical security key first, and then call support to get a OTP to log in to the website and set up the key on your account.

If you're still getting the OTP emails occasionally, then I would recommend trying what the person above me suggested (change your email address on the swtor web site). Otherwise get the security key. And if you get the Android version, make sure you exit the program gracefully, by pressing the back button on your phone twice, or the next time you run it, the program may put your security code in black text on a black background.