The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companion Customization Vendor

Yep. I said it.

Why not? I mean, right now, we can choose from several *insanely* drastically differences in appearance (or hysterically similar alternate color jobs). Why not go further and let us make our companions more unique?

But wait! There's more!!!

Don't give us everything. Sell it to us in pieces, and make parts of it unlockable. Give us a very, very few variations, and then let those customization unlocks actually activate the options they normally correspond to.

For example: Let's do Mako--I have her up onscreen at the moment.

Give me default Mako, with maybe 2 choices of hair, skin tone, and implants.

But say I have the Mako 2 item (I do). It unlocks the short bob style hair and the chin-implant options for her in the appearance vendor. The more customization items I collect, the more options I unlock, and can mix-and-match.

So, just using the existing appearances already in the game, but allowing us to re-combine via the vendor, we'd have much more diversity! But even better... You can sell us more!!!!!!!!!! And have special event options, too! (Remember the Rackghouls? Add that to Complexion, if I have the unnlock item).

Do this, and I will pay you all of the Cartel Tokens. All of them.

• 1 month later...
This. The one thing that I absolutely hate about the companion customizations is that they are all so drastic. Example: I don't like Risha's hairstyle and find a customization that has one I do like; why do I have to change her race as well just for to get that hairstyle? This would fix that issue. Granted, it would probably require a TON of work infrastructure-wise, but it would be worth it. Edited by Ireul