The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[UI bug] Minimap has a lighter shade while the Character Window is open

Jerba

I discovered a graphical bug. It has been introduced into the game with patch 2.1.0, specifically because of the following patch note:

A background image has been added to the Character Sheet, Legacy Family Tree, and Preview Window.

This background image has caused the minimap to change its background color as well: Every time any window with the new background image is opened (Character Sheet, Family Tree or Preview Window), the minimap will appear in a lighter shade than usual. Of course, this is a very minor bug, but I found it quite annoying since I discovered it and want to report it.

To reproduce the bug:

1) Look at the minimap and note its shade.

2) Open the Character Window, or any other window with the new background image.

3) Walk around a bit to have the minimap redraw. The minimap will now appear in a lighter shade.

4) Close the Character Window, and walk around again. The minimap will appear in the default, darkish shade.

Screenshots to illustrate the bug: (I cannot record a video, unfortunately)

#1: The normal shade of the minimap.

#2: With the Character Window open, the minimap appears in a lighter shade.

To fix the bug:

Do not change the shade of the minimap when the Character Window, Family Tree or Preview Window is open.

Edit:

I asked two other players about this bug and they were able to reproduce it. So this looks like a general bug and is not isolated to my account/computer.

Edited by Jerba