Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New to PvP

ElevenBfour

Been subbed since launch, but recently I'm coming back from a 3 month break. I stopped right after RotHC came out. Didn't even get my Raid geared Jugg to 51. I had to quit for work reasons, had me traveling way to much to place without internet (yeah, seriously 3rd world countries ftw).

Anyways, still not State side, but I got decent internet now. Since I can't commit to raiding atm, I'll be focusing on pvp for the next few months until I get home. I'm looking between a Mara, Sent and a Operative since I think stealth + healing sounds fun. I have a Jugg, but is the JK story good? I love the Sith Warrior story so much, I wouldn't mind doing it again, but I would rather have a new story to be honest.

Now, my only hold up with playing a Sentinel is the JK animations vs the Sith Warrior animations. I've tried playing a Guardian several times since I started, but the animations always made me stop. Because I prefer the Sith Warriors so much more. How are the Sentinel animations compared to teh Mara ones?

Anyways, thanks. Again this will be a pvp only toon, except for class missions.

You know, I have to admit even though I have mostly repub toons, I think the imp animations and sounds are cooler for just about everything. I mean, come on, my shadow throws some pebbles at you, while an assassin shoots frickin' lightning around!

As far as the stories go, I think that's kind of personal preference. I really liked the bounty hunter story, for example. The JK story was kind of 'meh' for me. But you'll probably get more opinions about the stories if you post in/check out the class forums.

Yeah, knight animations seem more like finesse, warrior animations give you more a sense of "RAWR SMASH KILL!!" The knight story is quite good, however. It is generally considered to be up there with the warrior story (what I have heard - I'm still working on the warrior story). I have a lvl 20 jug, never played a guardian. The jug animations do seem more emphatic and brutish than my sentinel's. You can definitely tell he mad. :p

I've never tried a marauder, but I'm sure that the same probably holds true: sent = finesse, marau = "I WILL DESTROY YOU!!"

Edited by teclado

I feel ya, the Jedi animation holding the lightsabre like a baseball bat doesn't compare to how a Jug holds it IMO. I wish we could change that its not like I am waiting for a Rivera cutter but it looks like it.

I feel ya, the Jedi animation holding the lightsabre like a baseball bat doesn't compare to how a Jug holds it IMO. I wish we could change that its not like I am waiting for a Rivera cutter but it looks like it.

Same here. I only like playing the body 3 with my melee toons, except for an Agent, dont' think I'd ever play a body 3, but in my opinion, a Jedi Guardian with body 3 looks funny doing "finesse" animations. They totally fit the lore and everything, but I just like it with body 3.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.