The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Accuracy affecting non-damage abilities like interrupts and force pull

Yazka

Hi

I don't know if this is a bug, oversight or a feature but since it's not explicitly mentioned, I take it as a bug. Since 2.0 and accuracy requirement w.r.t. tech/force abilities tanking has been more frustrating. Resisted Force pull with it's 45 second cooldown is very annoying and has a potential of messing up a pull (no pun intended).

But resisted interrupt is potentially devastating. Many casts need to be interrupted and this change denies tanks reliable interrupt. Especially difficult for Shadows/sins since they have only one hard interrupt and it's on longer cooldown than the same for the other two tank classes.

Itemizing tanks to 100% accuracy would require dropping 440(ish) shield rating in favor of accuracy. Loss of mitigation (which is tank's primary function with threat generation) would be severe enough to rule it out. It's possible to do but you can't tank the same content on that itemization you can with more shield.

I can think of couple of ways to fix this:

1. Give tank stances +x% accuracy boost (X being 10%-boost from other talents). That would boost tank DPS about 6% which may or may not warrant a -x% dam done reduction on the same stance. Good thing about this would be that it wouldn't affect DD itemization.

or

2. Make the said abilities (and others affected by this) unable to miss by changes to the skills, like you did with taunts on early patch to 2.0 (or was it to PTS?). This would affect also Shroud/Resilience, possibly nullifying it's effect on those skills which would have big impact on shadow/sin survivability in pvp. So changes to Shroud may be required too.

Myself, I'd prefer 1. option. Seems like an easy enough a change without far reaching balance implications. Only real question is that should the bonus be 10% and talents that give accuracy be nonfunctional in tankstance? That would only require limiting one middle tree talents for JG/Jugg or PT/Van and changing charge/technique mastery for Shadow/Sin so that accuracy boost doesn't apply to CT/DC. Other option would be to make the bonus 7% and let players talent for 100% if they so choose. That would favor Shadows and sins (and to lesser extent PTs/Vans) since charge/tech mastery is part of the build anyway, unlike +accuracy for JGs and Juggys.

Thank you for your attention.

-Y