The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What is going on with the End-game Armors?

Kortanus

When I first hit level Fifty, I was sickened when I saw my Mandalorian Bounty Hunter in the Tionese set. Looked like something that was out of an Alien film or something. After stripping the mods and putting them into his old set, I was left wanting. Fast forward a few months. Rakata, Tionese, and Columni are a thing of the past. Unfortunately they have been replaced with the worst armors ever seen in Star Wars. I have never imagined a Sith Marauder to wear anything close to what is named "Ultimate" gear. Then we are told "New Armors are being released", and it is the EXACT same as what Ultimate is, just dyed red. Whoever is designing these armors needs to get a grain of creativity. Where's the Mandalorian gear? Hell, where is the Mandalorian story I craved at level 30? Had I known Mandalor was going to greet me and then just disappear, I wouldn't have expected him. Makeb dropped, and I was expecting more Mando'ade story, and it was horrible. 1 end game story when the Bounty Hunter gets 2 endings, Sith warrior gets 2, Sith Inquisitor gets at least 2, and reports are out that state the Agent gets 4. That's 10 different endings, and out of all of those, there is only ONE story arc for Makeb. Take your time before the next release. Enjoy the creative process. Then we, the community, might be more inclined to enjoy the product you release to us. At this point, however, I am not pleased with the result of endless weeks of grinding for equipment, only to keep the same look after seeing how shoddy the armors are.

When I first hit level Fifty, I was sickened when I saw my Mandalorian Bounty Hunter in the Tionese set. Looked like something that was out of an Alien film or something. After stripping the mods and putting them into his old set, I was left wanting. Fast forward a few months. Rakata, Tionese, and Columni are a thing of the past. Unfortunately they have been replaced with the worst armors ever seen in Star Wars. I have never imagined a Sith Marauder to wear anything close to what is named "Ultimate" gear. Then we are told "New Armors are being released", and it is the EXACT same as what Ultimate is, just dyed red. Whoever is designing these armors needs to get a grain of creativity. Where's the Mandalorian gear? Hell, where is the Mandalorian story I craved at level 30? Had I known Mandalor was going to greet me and then just disappear, I wouldn't have expected him. Makeb dropped, and I was expecting more Mando'ade story, and it was horrible. 1 end game story when the Bounty Hunter gets 2 endings, Sith warrior gets 2, Sith Inquisitor gets at least 2, and reports are out that state the Agent gets 4. That's 10 different endings, and out of all of those, there is only ONE story arc for Makeb. Take your time before the next release. Enjoy the creative process. Then we, the community, might be more inclined to enjoy the product you release to us. At this point, however, I am not pleased with the result of endless weeks of grinding for equipment, only to keep the same look after seeing how shoddy the armors are.

Ok. These are two different issues but, here's my take on things.

Armor:

It looks bad. It's probably always going to look bad. This being said, thankfully any and all bonuses go with the modifications for the end-game sets now so the solution of mixing and matching various pieces until you can find something so you can live with can still stay with you even after you hit 50 (not that long ago it was use the fugly armor or don't get the bonuses). Having 5 50's I can honestly say that I have actually managed to get 3 of them into something decent and two of those I really actually like. Granted, it's not the majority of my characters but at least it can be done now.

So, basically, the advice there is keep doing what you were doing and what everyone else is doing- yank out the mods and shove them into something else. I also have noticed that while I loathe and revile the dye-pack system there are some combinations that I have found that quite drastically change the look of some gear from "You have got to be kidding me" to "Ok. That doesn't look half bad." But, then again, we're talking fashion which is always personal so, YMMV. All I can say is play around on the GTN and play with that preview window a lot.

Content:

It takes about a year to write a book and about a day to read it.

It takes about 2 to 3 years to make a movie that we can watch in a couple of hours.

I imagine that the time difference between making content and going through content for any video game has to be along the same lines.

Now, I was a bit disappointed with Makeb too, I'll admit it. But, I do think that it was originally supposed to be something to tide folks over until they could make more Class specific end content. Then, unfortunately, as we all know the money problems hit and they had to completely switch gears going to F2P, opening the CM in order to generate cash, etc, etc, etc. In my kinder moments, I remind myself that all of those changes that they had to make in order to keep the game up and running had to have taken time and that there really are only so many hours in the day.

That being said, I am soooooo not going to stop screaming for more Class Content either because, frankly, I want that to be their Priority #1 but, I can be at least marginally understanding that a game that's only been out for little more than a year and is still finding their feet- both in audience and in finance, may take a little while before a huge expansion like the one that everyone is clamoring for can be made and released- particularly given the major overhauls that they have had to be doing up until now- and, let's be realistic, they have been doing some huge changes to the basic game even since January alone.

So, in other words:

I really don't think that they haven't been doing half bad all things considered but- I'm with what you said: WHERE IS MY CLASS CONTENT?!!!!!

:D

Edited by Dallayna

i still cant get my head around people complaining about the end game armors. There are soooo many different types of armor out there now, the possibilities of creating your own set is almost infinite...and now we can add dye modules to 99% of gear now means colors should be an issue either.

People just need to be creative.