The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Master Strike misfiring

Qaoz

Sometimes when activating Master Strike, the animation will play, but no damage is dealt and the cooldown on Master Strike is not activated.

Since I don't have my eyeballs glued to the action bar at all times, I usually don't notice until after I've spent a good two or three seconds channeling a phantom ability.

It is a bug that has been in the game since closed beta that affects all channeled/cast abilities. Master Strike, Full Auto, Series of Shots, Force Lightning etc. and tons of other abilities show the animation but don't actually fire the skills. It's annoying because it wastes a global cooldown.

Instant abilities like Sundering Strike, Demolition Round, Project, Followthrough etc. sometimes don't fire but still waste the globat cooldown.

This horrible ability lag/failure has been in the game since well-before launch and gets worse as the group size increases. The devs so far have refused to acknowledge the issue, which means:

A. They don't care.

B. They care but Hero engine is so badly optimized that they can't do anything about it.

In either case, this baby is here to stay...

Edited by CommanderKeeva

It is a bug that has been in the game since closed beta that affects all channeled/cast abilities. Master Strike, Full Auto, Series of Shots, Force Lightning etc. and tons of other abilities show the animation but don't actually fire the skills. It's annoying because it wastes a global cooldown.

Instant abilities like Sundering Strike, Demolition Round, Project, Followthrough etc. sometimes don't fire but still waste the globat cooldown.

This horrible ability lag/failure has been in the game since well-before launch and gets worse as the group size increases. The devs so far have refused to acknowledge the issue, which means:

A. They don't care.

B. They care but Hero engine is so badly optimized that they can't do anything about it.

In either case, this baby is here to stay...

I think that in one patch, i can't remember wich one, the bug was solved or really really near to be fix. This bug is come out again with 2.0 and it is worst than ever.

As suggestion for players, always watch the cast bar, if it is missing, you are not casting and the ability is failed.

Edited by Elminster_cs